Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Bubble-wrap man

We’ve got this weird art project for 3D class the next few weeks where I’m to make a mask of some sort of emotional value. Of course I’m obsessed with bondage and auto erotic asphyxiation and submission… among other things. And I don’t think I’m the only one. Anyway, people kept on harping on the usage of cling wrap and I started bursting out in laughter in the middle of the class because of the Glad Wrap Man.

Of course you know who Mr. Glad-wrap is. If you’ve ever wanted to lick a hooker out at some point in time in your life but worried over catching the Clap on your face or something, you’re sure to have come across someone suggesting the usage of Glad-wrap as a sort of Dental Dam over the internet. Only the Mr. Glad-wrap Richard is vaguely acquainted with actually took it quite seriously, and on a wild day, you’d notice a roll of Glad-wrap sticking out the side of his business suit.

We bumped into a couple I was acquainted with (and he worked with) last night while hanging out at the bistro and like most of the people we’re acquainted with, they can’t help but talk about dirty things all of the time (we’re all perverts, that much is clear). And Mr. Glad-wrap was brought up again. But of course we all admire his dedication to pleasing women; and perhaps he should advance his technique and attempt the whole procedure with bubble wrap instead.

I had quite an exhaustive, unproductive weekend and was wondering why, but I think I spent too much time fucking about (in all sense of the word) and thinking about God and how ridiculous religion really is. I never gave it all very much thought, but it suddenly occurred to me that Jesus Christ really is just a man that has been extolled beyond comprehension or reason for the sake of bringing people together into a regulated society.

Richard has this huge Art History tome with lots of stuff in it about religious art (particularly the Christian sort, because it is a book written by people that grew up in a Christian West –like it or not, Christianity was/is the religion of the West about a millennia back) and it suddenly occurred to me that the Christianity back then was scarcely anything like the Christianity I believed I knew. And the truth is, there are agnostics that have beliefs more like mine than some Christians do. And it all comes down to a NAME, eventually, and it’s started to seem ridiculous to me that a name should be more important than an ideal.

And I’ve been obsessing over what my dad’s said about Christian societies being more blessed then secular ones; that’s completely ridiculous of course. It may seem like that NOW, but if you look at the sort of art that was present during the Grecian empire, the ability, time, facility and the state of Peace an empire has to be in before such art can be produced, you can’t say that Babylon wasn’t blessed at some point in history, that the Persian empire was crap.

I feel like shouting at all the people that tell me places like the USA are blessed. Sure they’re better off then a place like Iraq, but for all their religious conservatism, they’ve been in a constant state of war since time immemorial from Gangs of New York to Hiroshima to Vietnam to the Cold War to Iraq. Their economy is in debt and they’re being financed by the East and the people of their cities live in fear and demand that they be allowed to carry guns…

I know I’m generalizing, but I know of a few secular European states that are far better of.

I’m sick and tired of people thinking their religion is right and no other one will do. For heaven’s sake, its just a name.

Anyway.

It’s time to get back into shape and do some more modeling I suppose. We’ve got about 100 feet of thick. Nautical rope, an isolated stretch of beach and FHM to print the shit. (At least I hope they will… there must be some way to circumvent decency in local mags).

xoxox

No comments: