Monday, August 16, 2004

Falling Out

I met the G-spot. Finally. After a long hiatus for no apparent reason I can think of aside from the fact that these days I’m stuck studying for exams and that he was probably out of town for a long while. Someone actually asked me what had happened to him, did guys drop out of my life ‘just like that’? In answer to the question, yes. It’s rather bizarre when you think about it. How can someone you’ve been sleeping with for quite awhile, (I may be fast, but I’m talking about it in terms of months here.) just fall away completely from your life. But most of the time, there’s often no point in ‘talking about things’.

In fact, there’s nothing that freaks me more then a guy who says, ‘we need to talk’. Firstly, guys do not say things like that, girls do, so it’s unnatural. Secondly, it just makes me feel sick. There never is anything to talk about. If I don’t feel your worth my time any longer, you’re just not worth it. What can there possibly be that would require discussion of such severity as your tone implies.

Strangely enough, the guy from the last relationship where we simply fell out of each other’s lives sent me a rather strange text at lunch-time, and I do believe it must have been the wrong girl. He basically asked me to drop by his office. I asked him rather politely how he was after telling him he must have gotten he wrong chick.

Honestly, I thought he was a great person. He just had one big, bloody flaw: he was simply too much of a slut (which also meant that he was a god in bed). I must have known him for months before anything transpired between us, precisely because I didn’t think any sort of relationship with him would be healthy in any sense of the word. But I had been feeling terribly neurotic one evening, had just finished watching Maggie Gyllenhaal in The Secretary and was feeling extremely oversexed. I regretted it almost immediately and felt incredibly dirty. The ironic thing was that, it was precisely because he was a slut that made me think he was quite genuinely a person pleasant to be with

It’s been awhile since, and I’ve learnt a bunch of things (among which that I was really no better then he was – there’s no such thing as moral superiority, only extreme self-righteousness) and one of them is that sluts really are the best sort of people in the world. The people with the lest sense of self-righteousness are the best. They always strike me as possessing characters that are more socially intuitive, considerate and exceedingly accommodating then the norm. And candidly, they’re too busy making love all the time to have the facility to be antagonistic. That’s a good thing. And just for the sake of a shot at making a candidly astute observation, if all those extremist were to stop thinking of the 72 virgins (hear they were really raisins) in heaven and started taking advantage of the millions of beautiful women on earth who aren’t, the world would be a better place. And better they think about sex every five minutes then a million and one ways to kill off everything occidental. I would be sad.

(Actually, I do not think the world would be a better place. The world will always be equally fantastic, we’d just have to find something else to fuss about.)

The G-Spot and I had a rather pleasant conversation. He's up to no good, as usual. Strange story about a girl, a guy, and a pool. And another guy trying to wedge between the two former characters and some hard round fruit being thrown. I returned the fabour by bitching about conservative, puritan American boy-friend. Or whatever he is. I rekon we're on some sort of silent conflict at the moment, of a reason I do not care to disclose. But I could be just wrong, he could have just left the country. That does tend to happen. He told me about his travel plans, but I'd managed to forget them in under an hour.

Oh, and as a side note, If you didn’t like that feeble grasp on Islamic extremism, I make no apologies. (But if you want a more perceptive observation, it can be found here) I’ve been having such great fun the whole day reading Persepolis. It’s a graphic novel about the Iranian revolution told from the perspective of one of the most likable little girls. She reminds me of Totto-chan.

xoxox

No comments: