Thursday, February 03, 2005

Too Many Stories...

I finally managed to write a little today, but it isn't much, and I don't feel like posting it at the moment. When I finally get some time to myself, maybe I'll do it. For the moment, Ethan stays by my side nearly always, and he peeks at my screen at times, which I do not have a problem with, if he does not have a problem with it either. I think he may have glanced upon an email Martine sent me earlier in the day, which ended off with a some rather tender endearments, but did not say anything about it.

Everyday here draws me closer and closer to him (E of course). I think it's amazing how just a few days can make a person feel so completely different to you. From a tender friend over the telephone and over the internet to a sensitive, considerate lover I want to be deeply tender to. He kisses me all the time, and listens to me (in most cases, I'm usually right anyway) intently. Etc. etc, other things boyfriends are supposed to do; I'm an easy person to comply with anyway.

I finally find the sex enjoyable, my period being just over, and also... I don't quite know how to explain it, but I suppose it's better after I started becoming used to him, and actually wanting to make love to him.

I asked him if he was really returning back to Europe on the 9th, and he said of course, unless I wanted to get rid of him. Of course I didn't. Initially I thought it might be a problem, being with someone for so long, and being stressed out with travelling (I really dislike it. I like destinations, but I don't quite like going to them very much).

The beaches here are amazing, and every single one has it's own character. After sunrise and sunset, my favourite things are the many cafes and restuaruants you can find along the shore line. I have never, I swear, been to nicer places for brunches or dinners. The brunches are the best.

I was at this fantastic place right on the beach near ours; inhabited with the coolest, most beautiful people you could meet on the island, all tanned, browned and baked and chilling out to the freshest tropical fruit shakes you can possibly imagine. They're from every single country you can imagine that stuck in the death of winter at the moment, have fantastic tattoos, interesting accents, and engaging behaviour.

The whole atmosphere of the place is made as if for people to be engaged with one another. You sit near back to back with other people and get to listen to their conversations (if they speak your language in the first place) and they don't seem to mind; it's unavoidable anyway. All my favourite albums are on their CD rack - Stuff by Massive Attack, the Gotan Project, Khaled, Ani-D, mainstream music for the non-mainstream crowd, if you know what I mean-.

What I like best about the cafes along the beach is that you don't have to sit on a chair if you don't wish to. I like how I can lie down in a hammock after dinner and a cocktail, with Ethan sitting by me, and being affectionate with him, without anyone caring.

I have turned extremely brown and happy.

xoxox

No comments: