Monday, November 21, 2005

Fixing Up

The furniture has finally arrived and the gas leak has been fixed for good. Richard and I will stay together in this place for awhile yet I expect. I met my parents after church yesterday (I don’t go any longer, it’s not a terrible thing really because the people that do not believe in the Christ as the way the truth and the light are not any less joyous then those that do. Besides, it is not that he came and died for our sins that matter, I know the unsaved will end up with the saved when we die because we came into the world similarly, and we will depart similarity. If the concept of eternity holds, than there is no change in our states before we were born and after we die.)

My father has been a lot friendlier to Richard in recent times, and they know he loves me, and I think that’s what matters the most to them. We are a odd couple I suppose, but no one I know thinks about it much any more. I don’t think I could make do with anyone less strange, less romantic, less of I Don’t Give A Flying Fuck.

We were at Borders a couple of days back and I bought some books without knowing that I’d forgotten to bring my wallet out with me. I had to go out to the bistro and pled with R to handle my purchases first. He went in and told the salesgirl that there was a girl who’d gone outside to ask him to pay for her purchases in exchange for a blowjob.

‘Do you think she really means it of she’s just fucking about with me and taking me for a ride?’ He asked her.

The girl giggled and didn’t quite know what to say in return.

We went to the Sexpo on Saturday. It was strange going there for me, because months back I had been asked to sell tickets on this blog for the event, and I remember thinking, ‘Oh Shit. No way. I’m not going to get people to buy tickets for some ridiculous event they would find boring.’ Because as R had put it to me, it was boring for the people that are having sex, and useless for the people that were not. So quite what the point of the Sexpo was, I don’t know. But as a social indication that Singapore isn’t quite as conservative as it once was, I suppose it works. Honestly though, something like that could have only worked in Singapore.

If you are wondering what I was doing there since I didn’t think it worthy of anyone’s time, it was for FHM. I took some silly pictures, and that was about it.

I’m going to continue reading the very engaging ‘Wicked’ by Gregory McGuire, and going for a run after that. The weather is so lovely these days if you don’t have to brave the rain. It’s cool and fresh but not too chilly.

***

Illustration for uh... my own general purpose.




xoxox

No comments: