Thursday, November 17, 2005

Q and A

December's edition has popped up at the bookstores and I'm in it. Henry's been very nice to me, but he's off now; good on him, really- He has been very sweet, although I would rather they didn't sugar up my replies. Of course I try to give sensible advice, but it isn't as if anyone really reads my column for advice. They must like the 'for god's sake your problem is you don't get laid enough' approach. As opposed to the, 'You poor thing you don't get laid enough. Do go get laid!'. And I don't really like using exclamation marks. But its what works for the mag I suppose.

So, if you have any pressing dirty questions, email me and the most dastardly will appear in next months edition. Or the month after next, I think I might be reviewing sex toys for January.

At any rate, Richard has purchased some amazing mannequins from this store that will customize them for you somewhere in one of the hellish domesticated block areas of the country, so we'll do a couple of shots with them.

It was a vaguely amusing experience, him asking for the dummies to come with sets of hands that would help them hold their bodies up in the missionary a d doggy position, with legs that were at least 2 feet apart.

This Saturday, Dee will be coming back from Melbourne, and we will be up to our nonsense. Not like anything otherwise was to be expected. She will be bringing an award winning photographer around with her, and I am still wondering how I am going to get the stuff I need for that shoot together. It isn't very difficult really, but my minds been freezing up these days. A combination of, oh my god it's the holidays, with a dash of but I have so many things to do that do not have a deadline. Always a bad way to feel.

I had this weird long email a couple of days ago from this guy who couldn't stop pointing out to me the fact that I was a slut and that one day I would grow old and regret everything I'd ever done.

The simplest way I can answer that is that life nearly never falls according to any pattern you expect it to, and there are only right choices at any one moment. There are no right choices for the future, aside from the fact that at that moment there is one right choice, and that is the right choice for the future. Get it.

The important thing is to know yourself and know what you can handle and what you can't The things that will ruin you and the things that you will come out off a better person.

So simple la.

I'll be off to brunch now, although I must set up links to answers to the most commonly asked questions I get over email soon, because it is just so tedious to re-read things that remind me of the existence of ignorance, stupidity and worst of all, rigidity that will not continue to cease in the world.

Cest la vie!

xoxox

No comments: