Wednesday, November 02, 2005

This Is Madness

That's it. It's started now. I can't breathe.

I've got three major projects going on at the same time, and a couple of smaller ones, along with getting my shit together for end of term, finishing Waiting for Godot, and reading up on the whole of Greek art history and the Renaissance.

It has started. I'm so pressed for time everything that I do that I don't enjoy makes me mad. Throw in the need to sleep, work-out, make tea (because I like tea) do the dishes (because I can't stand dirty dishes); I'm gald Richard cleaned out the apartment yesterday, it makes a big difference really.

Tori is going to Tokyo this Friday, the lucky cunt, my parents are so much more generous with her then they were with me whan I was her age. They always have it easy, the youngest siblings do. I must get them to buy me impossibly wonderful 3D art supplies. Japan really does have the most wonderful craft materials - anything from Plastibo to latex, its a place I actually woldn't mind shopping in.

Yesterday I started off a little project with the rest of the denizens in the apartment block. I gave a few people disposable cameras and some thank you cookies, and asked them to take a shot of one area in their apartment twice a day, or two areas, once a day, and return me the images at the end of the week. The first person I went to was the guy I thought was a wannabe novelist but was really a copywriter whom I often see thinking out branding concepts in front of his Powerbook half-naked from the service area (Richard's fridge is outside where we hang our clothes because we've run out of space in the kitchen, thanks to a huge meat counter he got off a restaurant) He agree instantly and thought it was a really cool idea.

I was walking down the stairs from his place and the two blokes down below had just turned off their late-morning rock fest and were about to go for munchies. They looked cool, so I asked them to do it too. One of the guys worked a day job as a corporate analyst but was really a painter, and he had loads of nice paintings and prints on his walls, and told me it was a great idea, and that it was good that someone kiocked him in the ass to get him started on his photography again. (He's not going to use the disposable camera of course. Crap photography doesn't concern me that much though because I'm a photoshop whore.)

Then there was the couple whos service area faces our service area. And I was a little worried at first because I walked around naked all the time and had started wondering if it was insulting any body else that had no choice but to catch an occassional glimpse. And its not like I'm unattractive naked, but nudity is just something that offend some people some time. Especially if their significant other sees it) But they were both such nice people! And they thought it was a cool idea too. So.

Now I just need the lady downstairs with the expensive lampshades, the fashion designer on the first floor, and the messy Indains next door. And maybe the aunty with the rude T-Shirts living below the couple that is occassionally tormented by my nudity.

And now I have to get back to doing more work.

Cest la vie.

But I like it.

xoxox

No comments: