Tuesday, January 18, 2005

JFK

'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country' -JFK

Fair enough. But does this country appreciate what I'm already doing for it? Does it listen? Does it want me to take an active stand, or does it wish for me to do what it wants me to do, in which case, patriotism would not be a requirement, (what is required instead) is simply an inability to leave.

Don't you dare accuse me of not ever trying to make a difference. I have and I am. And I am certainly not apathetic towards this society. I'm only suffocated by it, fustrated, annoyed, angered, at times, resigned, because I'm too aware of it, and too aware of how I think things can be better.

I'm only too aware of the people trying to change it, and too aware of the people comfortable with the way things are for daring to allow things to proceed faster. You cannot be fustrated if you don't try. I put in so much effort in trying to write about this society because I've something I believe that is worthwhile to say, and I hope somehow, someone out there will listen objectively.

And I'm wondering now why Catherine Lim isn't given a daily colum in the paper. Why is a whiney, prissy, insecure woman given a shot at editing a weekly with the Striats Times, and not some of the really good local authors our there.

Duh. Because someone out there is afraid of a real opinion.

Fuck ya'all.

xoxox

No comments: