Friday, October 14, 2005

Cirque

I spent most of yesterday slightly hung-over after a catch-up with Mr. Big the night before. We watched a flamenco act and I felt myself wishing I knew how to dance to the music. I thought it was lovely how some places in the world still danced for entertainment, without the necessity for classes and clubs and such. Where they danced on the street when they wanted. And I thought it was a pity most first world countries don’t do that, not any longer anyway, unless it was some sort of designated festival of sorts.

Mr. Big’s still the same as ever. He’s as nice, and I find myself constantly feeling marginally guilty for erroneously concluding about his character most times. We never had good romantic compatibility from the start, I should have realized it sooner, but of course I was terribly silly and fresh out of an All Girl’s school then. So.

He’s slightly surprised at just how much I’ve changed, especially after I told him I don’t believe in Christianity any longer. Certainly Christ is my path to God, but it’s just not the same as him being savior of the world. I’ve never understood why it was so impossible to persuade atheists (or agnostics) of the fact that there really was one messiah to save the world, until I slipped into that state.

He’d brought along this funny book by some religious zealot and showed me a couple of passages from the no-sex-before-marriage chapter (which I thought was funny because *laughs* we’re all helping ourselves to just that, and to lots of it with a sizable number of people) I tried to come up with reasonable arguments, but it was just impossible when you’re not existing in that frame of mind.

Anyway, he’s invited me to this theological discussion this Monday. Richard and I will probably go for the heck of it, its in one of my favorite cafes; at least it will be in a pleasant environment.

Funnily enough, an ex-girlfriend of his called him a male slut, which I personally thought was quite unfair. He isn’t even as wild as some girls I know, and men just always have it harder. At any rate, he really does make an effort with getting to know girls –something I didn’t realize until lately, you see, I’m just too easy. I can’t be arsed to go out and talk cock before I find out I’m disappointed with the real thing-

I invited Richard to the Circus last night, it’s just one of those romantic things you, and it was lovely. More fantastical than any musical, play, opera… Cirque Du Soleil has revolutionized not just the circus, but the stage.

Well, it’s time for me to be a good girl. I’m back to class then.

xoxox

No comments: