Tuesday, June 01, 2010

This is not flattery.

It feels like I've been here for ages. The Hague's not the center of the world, but I've fallen in love, he's proposed, and I guess that changes everything :D It's kinda weird I know, ME with someone, but he's hard to beat in all departments; and more than anything I'm thoroughly surprised at how things have panned out. I mean, he's the funny, intelligent, somewhat geeky, athletic, non-socially retarded type of guy I've been looking for. Those, in that particular combination, I've realized, are rare. He's also stylish, very neat, loves cooking and can probably kill someone with his bare hands if they'd tried to hurt me. (Well, he survived the war. And he was almost stabbed by some thug, once, which he then secured to a lamp-post. With a pair of hand-cuffs. The sort you get in the sex shop. The guy started crying and had to wait for the police to come free him.)

I know it's all been pretty fucking fast. But it does feel like I've climbed mountains (metaphorical ones since barely anything is above sea level in this foggy land) in the last few weeks, and the view is pretty clear up here.

I'm not particularly spiritual or superstitious, but when I think about how it all happened, I can't help but feel there was something external at hand making this happen. I mean, my life has been pretty random, but how did all this happen such that a girl from some tiny city-state halfway around the world get thrown in together with some guy from a country that doesn't exist any more in a fucking town-village in Holland. FFS.

For awhile there, I couldn't believe it all. I mean, it's been a pretty long time since someone actually held my hand everywhere (and I mean everywhere), kissed me passionately in public, and do other nice, lovely, warm things to me at random. Like pick me up from the train station when there was absolutely no necessity to , take a half day off from work at random to come see me sooner etc. I mean, maybe if he was some plain, needy, boring guy, maybe. I wouldn't be surprised then. Heh. But his ex-girlfriend list is something that would make a lot of other people jealous, for sure. I've seen their photos, they're hot as hell and probably very intelligent to boot.

He went on the tram the other day with the neighbor upstairs (Greg, who's a lovely Irish guy that has cute, awkward way of moving and opening his eyes really big when he's trying to make a point) They were speaking in English, and there were some chicks that got into the same tram cart as they did, and one of the girls who sat right across him checked him out and told her friend in Dutch that "The night is getting off to a good start". The funny thing was it happened right after we had a 'fight'. You can just imagine; so you have a fight with your girlfriend and some random cute chick on the tram basically says to your face that your hot. I thought that was funny anyway. And I did think he looked pretty hot that night, fight or no.

Anyway, enough of flattering myself on what a lovely one I caught... indeed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog for nearly two years now, I´m happy for you that you seem to have found "the one". :)

Closure to a long road made of relationship drama? I hope so.

Be happy and enjoy true love.

Unknown said...

O_O
OMFG. proposed? and??
don't leave us in suspense!

marke said...

Damn! That post made me smile!

expat@large said...

Holy fuck on an altar, are you serious? Rationality called for here, calm down...

marke said...

Hey! By the way, that smile of mine was a happy, contented, indulgent one, NOT a cynical one! I just read my post again, and probably got taken the wrong way..... :-)

Anonymous said...

M Proposal??? Or serious monogamy RS proposal???

Anonymous said...

I desire sanity
I dream of life
Somewhere out of here
But white dust is covering me
I cannot move
I cannot see
Talk to me
Oh baby talk to me

Say
Would you ever
Dream of sanity
With me

felicity said...

love it!