Sunday, March 13, 2005

Godly Speculations...

I thank God that my life is so pleasant to live.

I thank the fact that there is no God, therefore my life is so pleasant to live.

I thank Destiny for alloting me a pleasant life to live.

I thank Myself for giving myself such a pleasant life.

Who ever says anything but the first statement?

Everything the brain of a normal person can do has a purpose that enables her to live conveniently. Certainly the ability to believe in God makes life alot more convenient for most. Before modern science, no one knew that conciousness was really just some mechinics of human biology. That means theoractically, the soul has been around much longer then the fact that there is no soul, and that the soul is simply, really, only neurons passing on electrical impulses. The fact that we know what the soul is composed of doesn't deny the fact that there is a soul.

I think there is a reason for believeing in God. I'm not too sure which God though, I've no idea how I can find such a violent act as the cruxification tender, but I do.

I've believed in God all my life, and I've never said, I have only myself to thank for the life I'm living. I am quite pleased with my lot in life really, but cannot say I thank my way of living for the goodness and diversity in my life, simply because shit can happen if I live my life the way I want. But I believe that shit hasn't happened because I believe in God.

Until I don't believe in God, but my life still carries on smoothly, then can I say that.

There's not much of a point I'm trying to make really. I just noticed how people don't often thank themselves for the good life they are living. Perhaps because they'll always suppose they can do more, or because they think it's not yet that good. You can chide yourself for not giving yourself the best, but you can hardly chide God. I know people do it, I've done it, but that's only when things are obviously bad, not when things aren't as good as they could be.

Maybe it's allright to believe in God because it makes life more convenient, maybe it's allright if it makes you feel like a more satisfied person.

***

I was talking to an old friend from the church I was from today about lust. And it occured to me that everyone should indulge in it, simply because it's such a human thing. And on the cosmic time scale of eternity, you're only going to be human for so long, and something else for far longer.

xoxox

No comments: