Saturday, March 12, 2005

Right Wrong Who Cares

It’s only been one day, and everything seems to have fallen into place already. I’m rather strapped on cash, which doesn’t make me very happy, but that aside. Chris has replied my email, and is rather happy that I can make it to San Fran for the weekend after next (I think) and I have a painting to complete, and being occupied always pleases me because it reaffirms my self-importance as a productive individual. I am god-awfully tempted to make a copy of the Vietnamese artist Dao Hai Phong’s work, but think I’d really rather not waste my time and a good canvas for an imitation that of course cannot be as good as the original.

My parents have decided that they wouldn’t support me any longer until the school term started, so I’ve decided to get by with a little modeling, some sugar-daddying on the side, and maybe selling one or two paintings to some of the guys that are looking for wall decoration. I know Élan is, anyway. Worst come to worst, I’ll just buy all the stuff I like to eat when my dad does the Sunday grocery routine, and cook them all myself. (Truth is, even when not on holiday, the largest portion of my budget is spent on food). Who knows, maybe I’m pretty darn good with a frying pan as well.

Things have gotten a little whacko with my current family arrangements. All the women are currently unemployed –my mom went on a three month hiatus with her job and my sister is suspended from school till the end of the term I think- and I’m well, I’m graduated.

Tori’s story is awfully interesting though, and a little outrageous. Try not to feel incredulous, but she’s suspended for kissing a girl in school and for having had it publicized over the internet to no doing of hers. Apparently someone took a photo of her straddling another girl on a school desk while necking her and hitching her skirt nearly up to her waist. She’s suspended for a good while under the allegation of having disgraced the school and tainted the image of it’s belt white purity of moral integrity within the girls. They are now not allowed to embrace each other (can you imagine that! Disallowing 14 year old girls to cuddle each other. Who knew John Wesley advocated that.) My parents of course think they are making an absolutely unnecessary fuss, as would much of rest of modern society, but they couldn’t care less. My sister is doing better under suspension. She’s getting better grades, playing a better piano, and just becoming too damn smart it’s unfair.

We watched Constantine today, and after the movie I asked her what she thought that was all about. (I know it’s sole purpose was to entertain and not present very deep theological hypothesizes; I watched it solely for Keanu Reeves. I swear, I’m normally not a movie star junkie, but Reeves is just one of those people that incite an uncontrollable lusting within my loins. I almost get frustrated, watching him on screen with the itching in my pants.)

According to Tori, the very simple message behind the movie was that all these religious things, Heaven, Hell, God, Lucifer, demons, they were all subjected to interpretation. That you could never be sure who was playing at what. Good can be cruel and therefore evil as well.

As for me, I simply liked it. I loved the absurdity of some of the scenes, and I have a thing for the devil being portrayed as a perfectly calm individual, and for angels, just because there’s something so sexy about their androgynous quality.

The movie has a great deal of cool fantasy comic book elements, and I really liked that. The bar that served only ‘gifted’ people… ah ARIA.

xoxox

No comments: