Thursday, December 30, 2004

Asian Blog Awards

This is odd. I know I've a fair amount of readers (and just like the number of people I've slept with, I'm not telling how many) and I know I write relatively well, and even if not, then I write relatively engagingly, but to be nominated Best Journal? That’s nice, whoever initiated it, and I’m grateful. Although for what, I don’t really know. Of course, all recognition is good, and to have your effort acknowledged is very pleasant indeed.

I just found out about it though Mr. Brown today. I’ve been peeking into his site starting late last year when I realized we’d gone to the same JC. I could be tragically wrong on this, being told quite sometime ago.

Whatever it is, I could do with an increase in readership. More people reading and giving feedback and critiquing on the occasional painting can be rewarding. I mean hey, I like to write pseudo-philosophical trash and paint pictures that look like I conceptualized them fucking while on LSD (I’ve finally finished the one I’d been working on, will post as soon as I sort through the mess of a room and find the digital camera, you’ll see what I mean.) and the blog has been a great outlet for me to exhibit all that. Otherwise I’d still be accumulating half written novels on my PC and canvases smothering my bedroom wall to which only a select few will get to see.

I like the internet, and I like the idea that more people are reading me now then if I’d actually got a book published. Although I must say I’m infinitely envious of Melissa P. and maybe I’ll copy her and pull off a novel in half a years time. hmm… In the meanwhile, I’ll start on my version of Van Gogh’s Café Terrence and attempt to paint it on the door of an old shop house where I’ll do my next set for Suicidegirls on.

It’s time for bed, and if think I’m endearing enough darlin’ go vote for me.

xoxox

1 comment:

Tara said...

Singapore Latests
SingaporeLatests.blogspot.com
Singapore latest news headlines, current events, analysis and opinion on top stories, photos, world, entertainment, sports, technology, business, politics, Celebrity, and more.