Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Call the Unwind Protect!

From how I see it, the thing between MGM and me has managed to bungle itself up into a sub-optimal state where I'm wishing I could take back what I said and felt and have things as they were. Which is kind of fucking retarded, because I don't really, it was good they happened, and I had fun. But I want things to stop being weird. If I knew it was going to be such a big deal, I supposed I wouldn't have tried. (But that's bullshit of course, it was not like I had a choice in who I end up having feelings for).

Okay, anyway it's time to call the unwind protect. I hate rationalizing things and thinking about every little incident that has happened (as amusing as some of them may be). It's pointless and I can't assume what he thinks (for all I know he could be thinking nothing of it).

On a lighter note, just about all my close friends know that we haven't shacked up, and they've given me 2.5 different answers.  

Girls: "Just forget it, you're leaving soon anyway."
Guys: "You've got a few days left."
The Fixer: "You've got a few days left, I can help you."

It's a small sample size, but the gender divide in the answers is still kind of amusing, don't you think.

All that emo-BS aside, over the weekend, I somehow managed to persuade a completely sober Luna to come over for a threesome, which ended up being more of a two and a half-some, but as if we really cared about the technicalities.

I woke up after the whole crazy deal with MGM and Ash naked under the Burqa in my bed with the Fixer kind of asleep beside me (you know one of those sleeps where you've drunk too much and you're constantly re-surfacing to consciousness before falling back just under the surface of sleep). We we both flopping about trying to sleep and not succeeding, and I think he eventually gave up and started conversation. He started talking about this restaurant he wants to open (more like a up-market super chic cafeteria, I'm thinking in the same tier as a place like Vapiano) and about chilies and lemongrass, and hot waiting staff and yummy drinks etc.

At some point I thought it would be an awesome idea to have a Crimson Tide (Bloody Mary variation) at 10 in the morning in bed, so I offered, and to my delight he was totally into the idea. From my experience, there are more people that don't like a Crimson Tide than people that do, so when they do, you know you've got a keeper ;o).

So we were drinking all day, and at some point, I booty called Justin, who is this Swedish guy Luna and I both knew from a couple of months back. I had shacked up with him previously, and had just found out a week or so ago that Luna had, as well.

At around midnight, Justin sent me a bunch of texts while I was hanging out with Luna and friends and she got curious and asked me what was going on. I told her I was trying to organize a booty call. Eventually, she asked me who it was, and I told her.

Her: "Oh... Alright."
Me: "Yeah... ... ... Do you want to join?"
Her: "Oh nah, I'll pass."
Me: "Come on, it'll be fun."
Her: "If you can get me to feel less sober..."
Me: "Sure."
Her: "Oh nah... I'll pass, you guys have fun."
Me: "Come on!"
Her: "Oh... I'm going to be here for a bit. If I don't feel tired, I'll drop by."
Me: "It's all cool. We're not like crazy about each other or something. We'd probably be sitting on the couch drinking and talking shit for ages, so I promise it'll be safe. Just come."

So I went back, and Justin and I did indeed sit on the couch and talk shit for ages (even if it's a booty call, it's not in my nature to just get right into it). Luna then ended up turning up at around 2 in the morning and we all had one more damn drink before someone made the first move, they started kissing and we took it to my room (to save the carpet).

I asked them after it was all over if they wanted to watch a portion of Shortbus. Luna had to leave, but Justin stuck around, and he loved it. And that was that.