Thursday, October 14, 2004

My Own One

Ah, The Importance of Being Earnest was as fantastic as I expected. My daddy had apparently procured the tickets for me eventually (in light of Martine holding on to the other pair; we were originally meant to see it together), and it was fantastic. I could invite one guest, and got the G-Spot to go along with me. I couldn’t think of anyone else who would appreciate it as much (there was no one else I knew who had read the play beforehand- Mr. Big’s not particularly into literature prior to the 20th century and it took a little convincing on my part before he decided Oscar Wilde was surely dead) And besides, it occurred to me that I hadn’t actually ever done anything particularly special or nice with/for the G-Spot, so why the hell not. At any rate, I am fully convinced that wordy plays are no fun watching unless you’ve read the script prior, otherwise your bound to miss a whole lot of some of the best lines. I really did enjoy getting to hear some of my favorites. But Frances O’Conner definitely made a better Gwendolen, although the British Theatre’s Cecily was better the Reese Witherspoon. Who was too much of an air-head in the movie and less an impish, deviant 18-year-old. But it was a trade off, Witherspoon is much prettier. The only complain I have (and so does the G-Spot) was that the actors were all just too unattractive. In fact, they were ugly, but no matter.

I have no idea what sort of tickets I had been given before I got there, but when we reached, there were all these police men around and barriers set at the entrance of the Jubilee Hall that scanned you for weapons and things, just like in the air-port. I thought it was mighty tight security for a play, but apparently the Senior Minister and a bunch of other politicians were there watching it with us. Cool. That meant plenty glasses of good champagne at the reception. At any rate, the registration was amusing. I probably looked too young and when the girl at the counter turned to the G-Spot to ask who he was registered under, and I’m like, oh, it’s under me actually; that was amusing.

He forgot to turn his phone on to silent after the interval though. Embarrassing, in a tragically comic manner. I can still tolerate it if it happens in a movie theatre, because they’ve all said their lines already, but during a play? Oh well, it’s something to note for a couple of weeks at least. My cell-phone rang in a play the senior minister of an inconsequential SEA country had been attending.

what they do look so perfectly un-rehearsed and natural. Especially when they have to memorize lines upon lines. Although I do not think there is any other play I would be so glad to memorize!

After curtain close, the G-Spot had to rush off though, and that pissed me off mildly for about an hour, but it couldn’t be helped, I suppose. His girlfriend had just been placed on a respirator (Ventilator? Which-ever is more tragic). He did mention he could have been simply exercising a little of his Burnburying techniques though, but I choose to doubt it. I wonder how much into that girl he is; Am honestly not jealous. He feels more like a great friend that coincidentally happens to be pretty damn good between he sheets, that is all.

Had a great time catching up. And he confirmed a fact someone expounded to me the other day. If someone wanted to sleep around, whether or not they knew you were doing likewise, they’d still do it anyway. I had apparently been musing over the fact that Mr. Big might actually be screwing another girl, now that he knows I’m not monogamous, and I honestly do not know. But it doesn’t matter. The point is, whether I am or not doesn’t make the difference.

Back to the G-Spot; He picked up a girl a week past, and she’s just a little too much into him for comfort and he’s wondering how to go about putting it out, because she’s the emotionally invested sort. I had better not make any assumptions, but I think if he wanted to, he could easily see her once in awhile and it would still work out. Then again, he’s not a bastard, is probably not particularly interested in her, and said something like it’d be better to put a stopper before it escalates into unnecessary emotional drama. I found it amusing though, that she’d asked him what he was going to do last night, and he said he was going to catch a play with a girl-friend. Then she’d actually asked if he’d fucked me. Hehehe. Okay, I’ll stop being silly. Just because it doesn’t bother me doesn’t mean other people aren’t allowed to their own preferences.

Teddy asked me to Cayote, but I figured if I was going to drop by this Saturday, there wouldn’t be a point. Plus, I definitely did not have enough money for a mid-night cab. He told me I was wild. Uh.. huh? You own the Cayote Girls, and I'm still considered wild in the whole spectrum of things? That's very flattering indeed!

Oh, and as a side note, did I mention I like someone new? I had been knocking down some drinks with the Best-Buddy (Girlfriend’s ex) at a bar and saved this dude from two Filipina women who had been consistently hitting on him all night. We started on the dance floor (and we were the only ones, but it was allright; no one really gave a damn, and he could salsa fine) and they looked at us for a great long time and started dancing very self-consciously, on and off, trying to get his attention. It was weird. He thanked me quite nicely for that and bought me drinks and some chocolate.

I just remembered him because I’d called him up after the G-Spot left to see if he’d like to grab a bite to eat, and he’d apparently just only gotten back to me (like 5 minutes ago) to tell me that his flat-mate had managed to persuade him into another pointless getting-wasted endeavor on Ladies Night at one of the worst clubs in the whole country you can ever imagine. It’s terrible if you’re expat. Oh, you’re bound to get a lay, certainly, just like you are at nearly 99% of the clubs, but I wouldn’t waste two seconds trying to have any semblance of a conversation with the regulars there. *Bigoted observation ends here*.

I’m also up so damn late because I just got a new-old phone (it’s second hand, I would much rather use my money on something like a kinky set of something for Halloween! –Will go take a look with Mike tomorrow, I think. If I’m not too tired and don’t have too much shit to do). It’s been a lot of fun putting in pictures of naked Suicidegirls into my photo-album. But goodnight for now!

xoxox

No comments: