Thursday, October 21, 2004

What's Wrong with These Damn Kids.

This is funny; My little sister is in a spot of trouble for making fun of her form teacher some two-three months ago by saying some rather nasty things about her in a bogus personal ad at Friendster. Only in Singapore can it be a crime to lampoon authority for being plainly plain and stupid. I doubt my sister said anything blatantly false, everything was generally a matter of opinion. That the victim of her childish wit was likened to have the physical aesthetic of a local pastry (if you’re wondering, it’s the ang ku kueh) cannot possibly be a good enough charge for liable. But the laws of the world do not apply to a cloistered, conservative, anally orthodox Methodist institution (can’t help it, religion is stupid. So There.) that still thinks it’s a bad idea for any one to follow in my footsteps. That bitch, whoever the hell she is, actually told my little sister that! Apparently I’m utterly notorious, even though I honestly had no idea I was… something to do with having a boyfriend a decade older then me, of particular man-hunt caliber (but with the brains of a pickled hearing) always waiting outside the school gate after dismissal.

My parents are so sick of it, and they are sick of everything to do with the system. And rightly they should. My sister is most certainly not stupid, was a very nice child that caused no problems whatsoever until she entered her current school, also my alma-matter, of which the only thing I like about it is the lovely pinafore uniform that was absolutely kinky to have sex in (and still is). My dad tried explaining to the retarded people that run the retarded institution what a downward behavioral spiral was; but insinuation does not work with them. He eventually summed it up rather angrily at the end, ‘Just stop picking on my daughter!’.

It would seem that my final report for the term just came in, and it’s extremely tragic. According to them, I have absolutely no imitative or resourcefulness, provide work of mediocre quality, have lousy human relations, no drive or determination, am absolute irresponsible and undedicated, cannot work in a team, am lousy at oral expression, cannot cope with stress, cannot make decisions, and cannot lead. Well! It does seem I am perfectly useless. Certainly explains the money I’ve won from every commercial art competition I have ever ventured, definitely elucidates why Cupido would ask me to help him film when there were media graduates at his disposal; oh, and I am so undedicated to anything I do, I’m the only person not involved in a sport in any school I have ever been to, getting medals at every cross-country. Go to hell you pieces of shit.

And I, of all people, have bad human relations? It’s not my fault they think I’m a slut and don’t want to have anything to do with me because it would make them seem like bad, immoral people. That was all your fault, stupid-people-that-made-the-system. You taught the lot of them self-righteousness over acceptance. Oh, and one more thing, you also gave all my friend terrible final-year assessments. We don’t have bad human relations, it’s your little pets that have bad relations with us. Dip shits.

You know what? I got through much of school entirely by my own merit, I don’t need your fucking appraisals, and I will still get the hell to where I want to.

I suppose this would be a more effective post if I were more level headed about it, but it is the truth, and I am just so ass sick and tired of the way things are being run. You cannot expect people to be good leaders when they are placed into jobs they feel they are over-qualified for. Don’t you read anything on how to manage people? One way to get people into doing a job well is to make them feel like they are going to own part of the final product, while making the entire process as stress free as possible. Which will also mean there is no point in threatening someone with expulsion from the project when they are to come in late; they’d just end up calling in sick, hating everything about it, and producing shitty work.

It’s not an education system so much so as it is a mechanized factory to produce people meant for filling up swivel chairs in the civil service. Sure, the meager top few institutions and specialized schools might be liberalized, and the system is being revamped, on paper (Yes, I read the local news, it’s very pretty these days. New design. Again.) But the problem still lies in the sort of bigoted, self-righteous, by-the-book, perfectly uncreative educators that have no sense of the world beyond the classroom.

I hate the whole system with such violent abhorrence if it were a real person, I’d strangle it, mount it, and piss all over it’s lousy, battered body.

Good-morning to the lot of you.

xoxox

No comments: