Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Why Singaporeans are Weird.

I was on the train back from the bloody exam today, and I started to have a coughing fit. Now this was a real fit, I’m coughing so hard there are tears in my eyes, and they were pouring, and the lady beside me took out a packet of tissue. I though, ah that’s nice, I didn’t know people actually cared.

No, they do not. Your dumb to think they do, she used it to cover her nose and mouth. Sure, that’s going to help stop all my germy saliva from entering your respiratory system. Mind you, I covered my mouth, and I did it as discreetly as possible, but this was one of those coughs where you chock on your saliva. In other words, it was pretty violent, and I was having difficulty breathing. The train doesn’t put up signs like ‘give a person in need of tissue some of yours’ so they don’t do it. I’m not saying Singaporeans aren’t considerate, in most cases, they really are. It’s just that they only do so when they are told.

I suppose I could have asked for it, but by the time I regained enough calm over my shaking body to articulate anything, my brother (who had apparently been on the same train, different carriage) came by looking for a seat, and solved my problem.

Anyway, bastards, I’m a fully fledge Suicide Girl now. I think I shall go make some name cards. At least it’s a honorable title in this occupation.

xoxox

No comments: