Friday, November 05, 2004

Wow. The US election was really none of my business, and in fact, I'm mildly pleased at the fact that Asian stock markets rose. Not like it's a big deal, if his Middle Eastern policies are going to continue being as tragic as they currently are (actually, tragic really doesn't quite describe it) -I was thinking about oil prices, not Iraqi children dying, although that's not the most pleasing sort of news to have with my Starbucks Fair-Trade coffee at 8 a.m., but no matter.

You know what? It almost feels as if a wet blanket were lifted off the world for a few days, and the majority of the world could breathe with an uneasy air of optimism. Uneasy, but at least they could breathe. Now it's returned, and we're all back to a sort of sleepy depression wherein we have nightmares about China's economy overheating, faint wet dreams in which the demagogues of the world meet in a monastery and talk about nuclear waste disposal (while being entertained by Kim Jong Il's Joy Division) and day-dreams of starving Iraqi children bathing in clean water.

I don't know what to make of anything anymore, and I don't really care, because after having to write an essay on how nothing reported in this day and age can ever be objective, I figured there's really no point in attempting to argue about anything at all. Because someone out there is bound to be able to come up with a reason as to why you're wrong. I would say, let the situation speak for itself; and the situation sucks. But that's how the media entertains these days, no? We were really fond of tragedy about 5 years ago, with Titanic. Now they've taken it to the news, and Hollywood's back to happy endings and stories like Sky Captain. So we will never really know the truth.

I like this cartoon. It's probably how a whole lot of people feel like at the moment.



You know something? You're probably as bored of this as I am. It's over.

But sometimes I still wonder how it would be like to have breakfast with The Man (the one Jack Black fervently tells you to stick it up to). Bacon, Eggs and a Big-azz Sausage baby. All smothered in oil, and lots of it please.

xoxox

No comments: