Friday, June 10, 2005

You Couldn't Have Guessed

I’m laughing to myself now because I’m so happy. Because I cannot believe what I have just done and what I will do (frankly, I don’t know what the latter is either). But I am going to NZ to visit the G-Spot, so there.

Sometimes I think I’m definitely off my rocker. One moment, I’m moping about Martine and fussing about Chris, then I go ‘oh screw this shit’ and I decide to take time off in NZ. It is funny how things like that just happen to you. The G-Spot had texted me over Skype; and it was noteworthy in a way, because we don’t contact each other all that often (He calls me more often then I manage to be available to pick up) Something like once every three weeks would be just about right. The connection over Skype’s normally shit so we kinda stuck to chatting on screen this time.

He had been watching Before Sunrise then and was feeling mildly philosophical, slightly melancholic, and asking questions like did I think people were fundamentally satisfied with their lives. I told him I did miss him, and he said he did too. And I’ve no idea what he said, but I eventually told him how I’ve felt about him since we’d met (or had sex, whichever). I said I’d never told him before because it was kinda embarrassing and silly and would turn me into an air-headed romantic who has nothing better to do with her brain space. But last night I did because I knew he certainly thought about things like that too. I suppose everyone does. Some people just want to hide it, and hide it better. Sentimentality should after all, be confined to the movies.

I told him how I’d wondered like a several dozen times how it would have been like had I not been dating Mr. Big then. Because Mr. Big and I never really amounted up to anything. Comfortable friends, certainly, but on my part, I never felt any more. And if he did, he never showed it. To cut a long story short, I had met the G-Spot in a Latin dance club. He was really sexy and danced really well and I couldn’t help but pick him up. Actually, he was the one that chatted me up first. He’d
normally turned up with this other girl, but then one time, he didn’t. And he’d picked me up. He gave me his number, and about a fortnight later, after dancing and with nothing else to do, I’d asked him if he’d like to go for drink. He said sure, and we went to the Velvet Underground and got really smashed. I did anyway. And I was so horny and he looked so sexy. And we went back to his place and had really good sex while he whispered how good I felt all the while till we came.

He left the country that week though, and for some strange reason, Mr. Big had never left my thoughts ever since I shagged him half a year back from then (I’ve known him for 2 years now. Can you friggin believe it) and I had to call him up. He’d just broken up with his girl then, and was pretty open to another mate. So we hit of, right-o. Then when the G-Spot came back, and I slept with him again, I told him I was seeing someone else. So subsequently with that, he still saw me sporadically, but acquired a girlfriend for himself in the meantime. Which was bad news for me. But fair’s fair.

‘Remember the time you asked me to watch Closer?’
‘Yeah.’
“I did. And after that, I went down to Emerald Hill. Just kinda because that was where I nearly always met you for drinks. I went there alone after watching Closer, just to feel nostalgic. And to kinda do what we had justice. you know.’

We talked a little more about life and sentimentality and things like that before he said he had to go to bed and I said good night. It was all rather sad, really. Then oddly enough, a few minutes later, the phone rang and he was on the line. He said he’d wanted to hear my voice.

:D

‘So you were really about to come down to Singapore next week, but couldn’t because you’ve got an important project next week?’
‘Yeah. Tesha (his girlfriend in Singapore) was pissed off when I told her I really couldn’t make it. The film’s consists of a series of tableaus set in a bar, concerning the interactions of a few people there, and I’ll be writing one of the exchanges between two random people.’
‘Sounds interesting. When does filming start?’
‘Late the weekend after next.’
‘And how long is your holiday?’ I ask.
‘Two weeks.’
‘Till the end of this month? Lovely. How about I come down and visit, and you write me a part in exchange. I don’t have a lot of money, but if you can feed me and make sure I’ve got shelter…’
‘Whoa! You’re crazy. But sure! Sure I can feed you and drive you around, and you can bunk over at my place while we’re at it. But I have to tell you, I only have a single bed, and it’s just about Winter now so temperatures hit a low of about 7 on average at night.’
‘More time to spend in the sack. But you only have a single bed? Can’t you go find a super soft rug or something and we can sleep on it?’
‘The bed’s fine. We’ll need each other’s warmth, trust me. We can live out of the car and yeah, don’t worry about it.’
‘Okay, I trust you. I can’t believe it! I’m gonna book the tickets now!’

And so there you have it. I’m going to visit the G-Spot, at long last. I’m sure we’ll have a blast.

I want to take nude pictures by a lake and help make a cool film.

Yay.

xoxox

No comments: