Monday, April 19, 2004

***
The Girls are Great BUT...

Boring.
That's the complain I get from most expats I meet over here.
One of my favourite questions to ask them over lunch at NYDC or dinner at China Jump would have to be this, "How's dating in Singapore"
And the replies go along the lines of, "Oh, it's fantastic. There are tons of beautiful women here, you'll never find such a proliferation of slender print model girls where I come from. Plus, I've also never had so many girls throw theirselves at me and reek of desperation with every sms they send"

Allright, I added in that second bit myself, but it's the the truth they all know but think it's too rude to say.

But I wonder what makes the girls from where they come from more interesting.

In fact, are they really any more interesting? Because I like to believe in a... um... homogeneous quality in the demographic of human beings. Like, there are as many ineresting women in Singapore for guy A as there is to him in say, a city of similar population somewhere in Europe, or Africa of whatever.

I don't think it's fair that they say their boring. Well, sometimes they really fucking are - but then, not all white men are engaging either. Anyway, chances are, its possibly more a matter of being able to connect, as opposed to the girls really being boring. Well, see, most Asian women will feel inhibited the first time they start uh.. seeing/sleeping with a white guy -duh, it's so strange. It was strange for me anyway. I don't know about other girls, but I have a feeling they all feel queer about the situation the first time they're with one -I could be SO wrong; and all feedback will be welcomed-

And well, because it's a different situation, they might not know how to behave. The answer to which would be 'normally'. (Some people might think I'm so wrong because people won't behave normally around someone they really like. Whatever race they are. True, but we're talking abt Singaporean Women who have a taste for white expats.)

So what's weird behaviour?
Well, when the girls think that it'll be great to date a white guy because he's white, rich, eloquent, generally different -like they lead a different lifestyle from what most locals do (well duh, they can afford it)-; And when Mr White expresses interest in them, they go bonokers and (don't laugh-because I did, and I know it's rude. But I was also laughing at myself one year back when I behaved the exact same way, so I can be excused) try to make sure he doesn't just disappear by constantly reminding him of their exsistence.

Well doesn't that reek of desperation.

This whole issue over the game was insanely retarded last year when I just started out dating foreign men. (Foreign, because I don't solely go for white men all the time. Hispanics and Blacks can be equally as desirable :D) Like well, I was constantly wrecked with the thoughts of, "If I sms him, will he reply? If he doesn't I'll seem so desperate! But I want him to ask me out again. I shouldn't make my replies too long, that'll seem too eager/ but I am eager!" Oh the retardedness of it all. I never did admit it to anyone until now of course (when I am no longer like that, thank God), I was too damn proud. My girlfriend wasn't much help either. It was insane. Like we would actually try to figure out how many days would be the usual to wait it out without a call or message from someone we've slept with, so we'd know when we could sms back such that we Don't stink of desperation. This is of course, well, totally retarded and every guy is different. And as long as you don't send pointless messages like, oh I miss you (because he doesn't you idiot. You were just a lay.)

Two afternoons ago, I was talking to Mr. Grant -more on who the hell he is another time. But all I can say's that, I really like him, he's a fucking cool dude, and one of the coolest people I've ever met all my life. I don't know how he is between the sheets from one drunken romp that I won't say was a mistake, but was definately something I didn't plan for. But I think I had a blast- And he was telling me about all these pretty women he gave his name card to and how they all kept on text-ing him with cute little good-morning messages with teddies made out of punctuation (lord, what an abuse of commas and periods) which he didn't see why he should reply; and which stank so insanely of well- desperation. Like it was strange, because these women were actually beautiful, but one month after not contacting them, they'd still text him. And it wasn't because he didn't like them, but women like that are probably going to be not worth going out with.

Because once upon a time I was like that, and I don't think I was worth going out with then. Well, sure, for a lay, but anything else?
Eh, Not.


No comments: