Wednesday, April 14, 2004

I've recieved a few comments on the way I write, and I'll try to work on the language and style as I go along. I know how important it is to have a blog that reads easy and interesting; and narrative style has all the world to do with that. I'm a little rusty though :(

Anyway, it's been a weird weekend. A bunch of events happened with the relatives on the paternal side of the family and my dad took us back to Kuching -thats' in East Malaysia- to well, aknowledge that we care.

My aunt gave birth to another gorgeous chap cheng baby a couple of weeks back. I think he's called Johanssen, or however it is you spell that in German. Yep, he's a gorgeous sino-germanic baby.

Well actually he isn't.
I think all babies are ugly.

But I know he'll grow up to be just gorgeous.

You know what, I think i'll be less inclined to abort a chap cheng foetus then one that's fully Chinese. It's so much harder to kill them when you know they'd grow to be beautiful children. Talk about shallow, but beauty does make up for so many things. We're more inclined to forgive beautiful people over ugly ones. In fact, sometimes we hate ugly people just because they're ugly. Perhaps it's because we don't like the things we are most afriad to become. Let's not get philosphical.

So right. I have a new baby cousin.

And, my grandma fractured some part of her back so she can't eat. We had communion with her, everyday, and she's better now. I'm thinking of getting the elements of the blood and the body tattooed just behind my ear, with a bunch of grapes following the curvature of the ear. Yes, apparently I'm quite spiritual. Well, not the yoga new age kind, but I believe in God and Christ and all that.

And on the last possible day before we were leaving back for Singapore, my uncle died. I feel kinda sorry for his 12 year old daughter, it was entirely unexpected. To sum it up in all it's sordid surreal reality, in the words of my mother, "That was a real surprise. I didn't expect David to die" Indeed. I didn't know him, so it didn't bug me at all. But well, he was part of the family. My sympathies (as if they're any good.)


No comments: