Thursday, April 29, 2004

***
Rant.

Someone* told me to stop bitching today and pull myself together. That would take me a weekend of great sex and my weighing scale to tell me I've lost a kilo (and we wonder how...). Christ. She* said I had to find happiness in myself by finding pleasure with my own company. Well. Heh. Um... of what nature?

I was watching the full run through of the production yesterday and I sincerely thought it was cool. The play's adapted from Karel Kapek's Rossum's Universal Robots (or R.U.R) and to put it in a nut shell: Humans over produce super-smart super-sapiens with synthetic bodies (robots) and the latter takes control of the world. Radius was fabulous in the soliloquy over how the robots were smarter and more hard-working then the human-beings were; and therefore humans should die because they were essentially of no use (ordering them around, lazing about, and only ocassioncally fufilling their function of reproduction). And I thought how true that was of the psyche of well, insane cold-blooded murderes. That seriously, their problem wasn't western opression, it was an inherent low-esteem (or no esteem) for anyone else they decided to view as *lol* infidels. Mm yeah, like whatever. I'm not particularly passionate about things like that, but anyway, it's a fairly well-done production. As much as I dislike working on it.

Yeah, a proud member of an apathetic Gen Y.

All that moral hype over the hero of the Nicole Highway Collapse is really getting to me. Please don't send me hate mail. But I keep on wondering this one thing when they go on and on about how brave he was: was his death really necessary. Christ. So the last surviving person to evacuate the area was the last guy you alearted. And the place was clearly crumbling to bits by then, and you didn't leave. So what else did you expect to do? Save more lives? Meh.

I'm so outdated... but one of my favourite Asian Bloggers, The Peking Duck has left Singapore *sigh*

Days left till PMS runs me over completely: 3 (My favourite number too. Which is incidentally the day and month I was born on :D You can send me presents next year!)

No comments: