Monday, April 25, 2005

Why do it for Free?

<>Sex is good fun, but why do it for free when you can get something out of it? Sounds god-awfully harsh, doesn’t it, but any fetching female not using her charms to make her life better is not using all her potential. It’s dead-pan common-sense, and it’s not as if other things have to be comprimized. Sure, there are some snobbish, rich men who think their money is so great (I can’t think of a better way to put it in order to conjure the feeling), and that just because they bought you drinks all night, you should sleep with them. But not all of them are retards, and it’s actually possible to meet decent millionaires, and snag them, without the help of the local paper on a slow day (remember the article in Sumiko Tan’s Urban on how to snag a millionaire?). The lot of them are playboys I’m sure. As far as I know, all the men who can afford it play around and have a very hard time committing, the ones that don’t are over forty. Go figure. This would mean two things: either you settle for not-so-rich and faithful (even then, nothing is guaranteed) or start finding 40-over-ish-es attractive enough to sleep with. I’ve clearly chosen the latter, and it’s not too bad. Just keep your eyes closed during sex *insert acerbic laugh here* (Aside from Chris, I don’t sleep with any other person I’m not all that physically attracted to) But aside from the fact that they are not physically attractive, their company is mostly a blast. Especially if their wives don’t live with them.

Greg is a case in point. Oh he’s lovely… insisting that I have the key to his place after knowing me for only a month, cooking dinner each time (and the only thing I’m required to do for him in return it bring over a packet of Soba noodles when we go Japanese. Which isn’t as often as I would like, and more often then he would want). Then there was the guy who invited me to his boat, entertained me the whole afternoon and told me stories about the neighborhood, which read pretty much like the script for Desperate Housewives, except on a larger scale and conducted on boats instead of little houses with lawns. Where domestic violence would include making the victim walk the plank, or just plain throwing her overboard.

I suppose there are great people around that are more suited for me, age wise, but at this point in time, no one good seems to be coming my way, and I couldn’t careless. I need someone younger I suppose, or at least I want someone younger. Someone around Martine’s age, but for some damned reason most of the men (that I know) in that age group happen to be going through a divorce, are sleeping with a number of other women on the side, and are more confused about their lives then ever. Actually I don’t quite know… just that I don’t seem to really care much for physical attractiveness in men these days, and I’d rather the things they can give me. And no one really loses anything.

Anyway, there’s this article in The Straits Times today about Teenaged Prostitution. $300 is a lot of money? I must have read something wrong. It was my one month’s allowance when I was 15, yeah, but it’s definitely not a lot of money for sex. It’s a pathetic amount, in fact. $300 for sex with a complete stranger you’re probably not going to be attracted to? Damn. I’d set my price somewhere at over a thousand dollars, and not without a health report first. I suppose the measures like controlling your daughter more and sticking the computer in the family hall would lower the risk of her doing something silly like that, but the most effective way would be to teach them how pointless it is. The implications are just not worth it, and you’ll be too sick from agonizing over the moral and physical implications of your deed to enjoy the money you’ve been paid. And then what if you have to go to the doctor’s?

(I'd post a link, but the STI has to be so bloody anal about registering I can't be bothered. It's not that interesting, but I was having brunch and there was no one to talk to.)

In my opinion, sex for money is something you have to seriously think over, and definitely not something you do because you need the money, and certainly not with someone you do not know. I thought about it long and hard for several months before I actually did it, and it wasn’t too bad. The two men that have paid me for sex have become rather good friends (not with each other la, with me), and while I wouldn’t sleep with them if they stopped giving me gifts and things, it’s no longer a stipulated transaction. My time is worth a lot to me, and they have to make me an offer I can’t refuse, that’s all. It’s the case with how everything else in the world functions, isn’t it. Men are not going to waste time on a stupid and ugly girl, and girls are not going to waste time on a repulsive incompetent. I’m sorry if you think you’re stupid, ugly, repulsive and incompetent. No insults intended, but that’s really just the way people behave. We’re all looking out for out best interest.

In fact, before you do anything that you know will have serious implications (you’ll know it. When your heart starts palpitating) it’s probably something you better not do unless you’ve already thought about it for a long time, and you’re damn sure about the decision. I had sex because I wanted to loose a big liability, and I had sex for money because it was something I wanted to do. You know, just so I can call bullshit on what most people say about sex for money, and I must say, I can. It’s no different then dating someone rich, you’re just a little more financially comfortable.

Allright, I’ll stop ranting and leave off with this article from Prospect. It’ll really rile you up. I mean, the most fertile land a girl can reap is the one between her legs? Give me a break. I’ll have to email it to Video (remember the guy that called himself a SEA brothel connoisseur).

Learning the Thai Sex Trade

xo

No comments: