Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Back in Saigon

More then anything, it's the people that are the reason to visit Vietnam.

Incredible.

It was raining at breakfast, and they had run out of anything beyond citrus fruit, which I normally love but can't have early in the morning cuz it fucks up my stomach. I mention it and tell them to put it back in the 'fridge and not waste it. The girl asks me what I'd like instead, and I said 'Mangoes' but it was allright since they didn't have it anyway.

So it was raining like anything outside, and I told her really not to bother. She came back a couple of minutes later with the rest of my breakfast, left, and came back again, later on, soaking wet with a huge plate of mango.

Too.. bend-over-backwards sweet.

I've been having a great time taking photographs. The sun rises much earlier here, and by 6, it's on full and the lighting was too great to pass up on. I'd woken up to go to the bathroom and saw a whole row of women sitting across the street from the hotel selling raw produce. It was too lovely to pass up on, so I ran out in my PJs and snapped a couple. They thought I was funny, jumping right out of bed to take their picture. I think I'll walk around at dawn tomorrow just to get a feel of the place before the city wakes. (It wakes pretty damn early though, and goes to bed early too. Still stuck within that agricultural biological clock work ethic thing)

Chris and I are doing great. He's been great, just... lovely... and for once I feel like I don't have any stupid problems to be arsed about. And he doesn't try and fuck me the whole time (thank god).

He's going to take me around this afternoon to find places that make things and help me get some stuff made. A couple of bags and shoes. I really do want to get stuff made. Everyone's got to start somewhere, and I need someway to finance my lifestyle. And there's no way I'll agree to work like a dog so that someone else can benifit. Fuck that.

xoxox

No comments: