Monday, May 23, 2005

Burn out

At 3 pm, my brain was just about fried from forcing myself to write and edit a 10k word story in about 5 days. I wrote the whole thing in 3 days and edited it in 2, I am feeling accomplished but exhaused. So far, it's gotten good response. Writing a novel would prove much more difficult then I though, mostly because I tend to forget the parts I have already written and end up repeting them later on.

Ugh. Too tired to say anything of worth now, I've exhausted my capacity for introspection and explaination. The story was titled Serangoon North, after the place I'd grown up in, and was all about suicide, drug-abuse and pre-adolescent lesbian love. I hope I get something out of it. I never do anything without expecting to get nothing from my efforts, and so far, that strategy has proved a good enough recipe for success.

So there you have it, today's moral lesson.

xoxox

No comments: