Monday, July 04, 2005

Little Races.

There’s only one person out there that can make my heart race, and he never fails to do it every time. I’ve tried to get things into perspective, and I actually think I’ve managed it because the last time I bumped into him, I didn’t have any strong desire to beg him to take me home. But I still thought about him continuously for the next few days.

He doesn’t believe what I have for him is love, and I can’t say he’s not convinced me of that by now. Why does me make my little heart beat faster, why do I quiver with anticipation every time he emails, sms-es, calls. Even when he wasn’t declining my affections, when he still desired me, I still felt the same way.

I can’t explain it. But I know I matter to him and I’d like to believe I affect him in some way. Oh of course I would like to believe a great deal of things, and sometimes, I don’t think I’m altogether wrong in supposing that they even exist. Like the fact that he might actually care, that he might actually find me fascinating, that in his own way, he might hold some sort of respect for the character that I am.

It was only the night before last that I realized what being self-absorbed meant. I have no problems listening to other people and empathizing with them, and I never hesitate to help my the people that are dearest to me. Even if it was a big sacrifice; if they really needed it, I wouldn’t pause consider my inconvenience. That makes me kind I suppose, but I’m no less self-absorbed.

Being self-absorbed I think, is being unable to think about the feelings of someone else, in their context. I think about people all the time and the way they feel, but only ever with my experiences and temperaments as a base. Sometimes I feel a little derisive at the way the Girlfriend treats her relationships, that need for some kinda guarantee, for someone to cling on to. With him, I presumed too much. Why that other girl and not me? Wasn’t I smarter, prettier, less responsibility? I didn’t see that that was what I want in a partner, not what he did. I would have given up a lot of things for him, I had no doubt of it then, and still don’t now. But I would die in a relationship that demanded too much out of me, wanting to give a part of me out of my own free will is far different from being blackmailed into giving it (You’re hurting me bitch, shoot me with some more of that dope or kill me, can’t you see what you’re doing; that sort of emotional scenario is just too frightening for me to even dare presume it could ever happen. I wouldn’t be so stupid to).

I don’t know anymore. I don’t. And there’s no point in trying to understand things. There are no answers, no reasons, and nothing that stays grounded in anything. Feelings change, our situations and our lots in life keep evolving. And mine evolves faster then I can take in breaths; maybe I should try to stop guessing.

All I know is that I feel the way I do. My heart runs little races for him, and it’s been nearly a year now. On and off, On and off.

It’s better than forgetting what passion feels like, lost in the pragmatism of living efficiently. And I told him thank you for making me feel the way I do.

xoxox

28 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

"Why her and not me?" these words run thru my mind everyday.. "My GF" he calls her, i called her "that whoever"

It's almost been a year since we parted and my heart still races/breaks everytime i hear from him.

only fools fall in love.. and so we must be the greatest fools around.

Anonymous said...

from spg tp spg you're gorgeous take care

Anonymous said...

love reading ur entries, especially this one.. not many men makes the heart goes a racing like that..he must be something.. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Dear SPG,

Congratulation on the new image of your blog.

I would also like to add something; surely you also know that Oscar Wilde said "A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal." I know that in all your postings and writings you are just trying to be yourself, and that this might not be in lines with the norms of your soceity. But hey, a person should try to be no one but himself.

Please take care and be well.

Regards

Choliourdou

Anonymous said...

i've heard you're going to the new school of art, design and media in ntu. is that true?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

been reading for awhile, and loved this entry.

awesome picture too =)

-slumbermydarlin-

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey, nice picture you've got there!

Ignore the comments by kids with bad grammar and spelling. They're probably as photogenic as puke on the bathroom floor. Poor kids.

I've been reading blog for half a year now and you write really well for a young person (i suppose you already know that). Your writing is so intellectually and emotionally stimulating. Wish i could write as well as you do.

And i can totally relate to what you've written about martine today.

Be strong.

J xxx said...

beautiful entry....

aren't that what we live for? the little races

Anonymous said...

hello.

been reading your blog since a few weeks ago. stumbled across a link from a rather spiteful blogger.

i just want to say its cool that you post your thoughts here. nice one.

Aurora said...

It's been that long for me too, and it's just been a vicious cycle of breaking and making up, and sometimes I feel the emotional vortex is more like a train wreck playing over and over in a nightmare. Loving him chips away at me every day, and yet, without him, I wouldn't be half the person I am today. He would disagree of course, being the modest gentleman he is. But loving someone means complete surrender of your self-control. We're all suckers.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The only thing that Anonymous achieves with his spiteful comments is to show up the group of men he represents, Singaporean men, I'm assuming, as small and vicious.

Take it from me, a Singaporean girl, that Anonymous and other tiny men with fragile egos, are only so apparently trying to overcompensate for what they lack by talking big and mean.

Anonymous is not convincing anyone. SPG, I think you should turn the comments off once you've gathered party ideas. You shouldn't have to provide the platform these desperados need to make themselves feel less inferior.

You are a brave woman.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The anony's words above says it all about what he is. No other comments necessary.

Hey, Izzy, I LOVE your reading blog and I think you're intelligent, articulate and daring. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I like the picture with the papaya better. It was artistic, it was bathed in light. It was you. The current pic looks like an ad for some slimming centre. And please don't have them claim you lost 23 inches off your leg like the Olindo ad does. Nobody's that fat.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It's the pitter-patter of your heart that makes the experience complete. Sex and love with the person makeths the package.

God bless and peace out.

Anonymous said...

http://www.musecube.com/rayicevdo/88900/

http://suicidegirls.com/girls/Santianna/

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/116/940/1024/spg.jpg

http://xiaxue.chestertan.com/xiaxue/tits.gif

http://www.deviantart.com/view/2213400/

Anonymous said...

Izzy, since you are so progressive and uninhibited...

I have been meaning to ask... Do you do dogs?

I have 2 helluva horny dogs who hump anything and everything that moves. Man, sometimes I have to slash water on them to keep them from humping each other! (I am sure you are familir with the sensation of cold splashes)

Sometimes, the darned dogs even lick their own shit.

Wait a minute... Are you into scat? You know, coprophilia? (OK for you other clueless MFs, it means shit-eating for sexual gratification) I am sure that you are familiar with the taste, Izzy.

It literally oozes from your mouth...

********************************

Anonymous said...

Izzy says the following on her Apr 19th entry:

"I'm surrounded by fuckwits that don't give a shit about me doing nice things for them. I try to make dinner for my mom, and she doesn't wait. What the fucking #$%^ and she complains I never do anything nice. Well, hello?? You can't even do this one nice thing for me by waiting for me to finish cooking dinner?

When was the last time you did anything really nice anyway? Sure you care, so? Sure I can depend on you if I shit up in life, but I don't care for that. The fact is, you're not doing anything now! And it's not even as if it's an active task."

Izzy never ceases to impress me.

Few people can chalk up so many insulting adjectives to describe themselves... Now we can add ungrateful mother-pisser to the list.

Let's see the short list:

Serial fucker
Self-important
In-discriminating (as in fucking anything at all, anything!)
Bigot
Racist (I know, I know, that is simply Bigot + underline)
Pretentious
Vulgar
Shallow
Ugly
Ugly
Ugly (I know, repetitive. Serves as added emphasis)
Arrogant
Mother-pisser
Immoral
Hypocrite
False Christian
Fool

Wow... Truly impressive. And I am not even being exhaustive.