Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Chance in Spring

Today is the first real day of spring. I think it's absolutely wonderful, I'd forgotten how much I missed experiencing the changing seasons. I've been living with Dan for three-ish weeks already. It's funny how well we're getting along, and I wonder what will happen when his parents come visit and I start traveling. Somewhere deep in the recesses of my imagination, I'm harbouring thoughts of genuinely wanting to develop this relationship further. I don't know why, it just feels like it'll be worth it. The fact that he's poly-amourous and shared the same sentiment as I do about multiple partners probably has something to do with making me more open to the idea. To other people it might seem like an unwillingness to commit, perhaps it is that, but from my vantage point, I see it as being able to let go of a petty, negative feeling. But I won't go on about it.

We went for a walk on the beach, and hung out at one of the seasonal bars, attempting to get a semblance of a tan. He met one of his colleagues there that mentioned a job managing the photodesk of the organization he works for in New York. After that, while we were walking back, he asked me of I'd come to New York with him. I know it was only half serious, and anyway, even if he were to do it, it's still a year or two away, and many things can change in a few months. But I thought it was funny how quickly he was, and I was, starting to entertain such thoughts.

I always have a good measure of skepticism towards these things not because I'm afraid of having my heart broken or anything like that, I mean, your heart can get broken by someone there was not ever a chance of anything beyond sex after midnight and home before dawn; so that's not the point. I'm skeptical because you can't predict what's going to happen, and even though there are ways of guiding you life the way you want it to go, I'd say half of it was still due to chance and fate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tenga the new adult concept for men with free delivery

http://www.gamesiteuk.x10hosting.com/tengauk