Friday, April 23, 2010

PITA.

Ugh the figuring out my legal situation is becoming a pain in the ass. The self-employment thing is a total catch-22. I need a work permit, in order to get a work permit, I need a residence permit. I can get one if I register as a self-employed person. In order to get registered, I need to prove my income, in order to prove my income I need to file VAT, in order to file VAT I need to be working, legally, in Holland. In order to be working legally here, I need a work permit. Right. I guess this means I need to find a real job, which is just about impossible in 2 months, in this economic climate.

My other plan is to try and find an artist residency in Europe. That might work. 

2 comments:

expat@large said...

Sounds like trying to open a bank account in Singapore.

Anonymous said...

Have you thought of working @ Burger King or Foot Locker?

I dunno about Holland, but in Denmark, it´s possible. One of my friends was working at Foot Locker in Copenhagen and she didn´t even spoke Danish. Only english.

The customers were cool about it.

Could be an option if you really need a work permit. That or restaurants.

GOODLUCK!!!