Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Dare I Dream of Sanity with You.

First lovely day int The Hague. The weather looks like it's improving, although in Holland, you never really know, and it's probably not improving, but one can hope for the best. Got massively trashed with Ruiter on Saturday where I ended up leaving my jacket at this awful karaoke bar called The Thai Princess and then had a freaky ride back to his flat on the back of his bicycle. It was really lovely to see him again after 3 years; he's still the same sweet, friendly, messy, curious, god-damned in your face blunt boy I met in Budapest.

I'm going to get my shit sorted out this week. Dan (kinda sexy-cute Yugoslavian guy who claims he's bi-sexual, about twice my height and into experimental everything) is going to shoot a music video this weekend and I've offered to do the animation for it (shot on DV and rotoscoped). His stuff is actually really good, and I'm looking forward to contributing to the next two videos. (The first one involves me doing some psychedelic animation in trippy colours and the other with me in American McGee Alice like outfits vomitting whiskey into this over tattooed, over pierced guy).

He's been a total sweetheart. And it's awesome he's so metro. I wouldn't use that term normally, in fact I've never used it with any guy I know prior, but he's the genuine article. He's got everything a girl needs, and more. The whole "I grew up during the war where guys have tried to kill me with a carving knife and we went to parties where everyone was enlisted and waved guns at each other while fucked off our heads"paired with the whole metro thing as well kinda works. Throw in his UN gig, and it's like, what the fuck, it was a bit of serious luck I got to meet him not-quite-so randomly, really.

I'm pleased with the situation and I feel as if the cosmic will is looking over me; I don't want to speak too soon, and I still have to work out my legal situation here, but I think I should be able to cobble something together before my visa expires. Right now I can afford it, I'm happy to do some more random art projects with people that know more of what they are doing then I do, and ride along those rails.

I still miss Singapore a great deal, and Andrew in particular. Last weekend still hangs over me like a crazy, off your tits kinda dream (which was what it was). I get these strange moments where I just blank out and stare at the ceiling re-imagining the madness that is Bangkok. The street stalls, the desperation, the dirt, all of that crazy, gritty, real shit. The Hague is soooo calm and way too posh for my liking. I need grit and dirt and a whole load of rough on the edges. But we'll see what happens.

No comments: