Friday, April 02, 2010

De-compressing, Re-adjusting.

Everything is going along smoothly. I've finally had enough sleep and stayed away from any excessive behaviour long enough to feel much better, and a great deal less confused. It's only my third day here, and it does feel a little as if I were on the other side of the looking glass, unable to get back through to the life I've left behind. But it will pass, I won't look back, and things will turn out for the best eventually. 

Avedon picked me up from the airport after many delays and flight cancellations. It was nice to see him again, although when I met him, the time I had know him in Singapore felt like a whole universe away. That was then, and this is now, and the paths will never cross, I feel and know this much. I dropped my things off at the place I was kindly loaned and went to meet Dan. 

He's this artist/photographer guy I got to know sometime back; he's from the former Yugoslavia (who grew up during the war) working for the UN. He's been really kind, and I'm glad he's here to help me re-adjust. It's people like him that make me feel that there's something out there watching after me and making all my landings from my crazy impulses a lot less painful.

At some point this weekend I will go and meet Ruiter and check his art collective out. Then Dan and I are going to Amsterdam and Belgium next week and meet some of his artist friends etc. and eat sugary desserts and chocolates, meet his other romantic interest etc, and then I'll start hanging out at the art collective and work on my portfolio. Hopefully in 4-5 weeks, things will sort themselves out and I will start getting some freelance work.

Chatting to Andrew on facebook; I'm really hoping things will start looking brighter for him soon. It was lovely to hear that him say that I was very good for him and helped him more than I probably know. Sure it's nice to know you did some good for someone, even though you don't know exactly how, but also what he said kind of implied that things are going to change for the better ;-)

Going to some Irish concert thing tonight :P

Love on you. X


No comments: