Monday, April 19, 2010

Psycho-child Strikes Again!

(The band is called the Must-Haves)

I had loads of fun shooting the video yesterday. (It was shot in this bar called the Supermarkt down at the Grote Markt) It was a little awful at the time, with the piles of make-up on my face, scratchy wigs and far too little clothing for how chilly it got at points; plus the fact that everything started at 10 a.m. and wrapped just before midnight. But it was so worth it. The band members + makeup girls were such lovely, high-energy people. They were always cheerful, and most importantly, they didn't dick around on set. I've been in a hell lot of shoots where there was plenty of dicking around... and before you know it, it's 3 in the morning and I'm really reconsidering the wisdom of my actions for somehow ending up on set with a bunch of irritating half-wits.

In case you're wondering, I didn't get to spit whiskey in the lead singer's mouth (too complicated, not enough time), but I did get the opportunity to try and attempt a kiss. All through-out the shoot, I harboured a suspicion that Dan had somehow been inspired by the whole MGM saga. My part in the video, which involved four outlandish costume changes, (One with a blonde wig and blue lips, another with a red wig and me in a large shirt turned into a dress that still looked like a sheet no matter how I wore it) involved multiple versions of me in the bar attempting to grab the lead singer's attention. From drinking his whiskey to pulling his hair and dumping his guitar on the ground. It was a story of un-reciprocated love and one very frustrated psycho child.

I was telling everyone how this would basically be the number nth film where someone requested I play the role of psycho child. Either people look at me and think "Perfect for psycho child role!" or they offer me a role and I interpret whatever it is into the psycho child role once again. That said, I actually love playing psycho child role. I don't have many years left on me where I can still attempt this role, so I best make the most of them I guess :P

Around 8pm a bunch of extras showed up and there was this girl who arrived with her chihuahua. She started flirting with Dan while he was working. He got annoyed, ignored her, and then said to her (when she still persisted in her attempts) "I'm too old for you". Great line. Some girls unfortunately find that sort of statement a challenge and a turn-on, so I don't know if it was the best thing to say to get rid of a chick.

I'll try and post some stills later. There's all this images I need to get up, but most of them need to be processed first. And unfortunately there is no way in hell you'll ever get to see pics of Rochelle, so a great deal of photos from that night won't be coming up I'm afraid :-/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you do meet up for sex with strangers?

Anonymous said...

Hey girl.. Can show me more party events just like the party you had all this time? I also wish to see you in person though.. Email me when you like it.. XxdevilanexX@hotmail.com

russian women said...

Thanks for such an informative article, it's been very useful.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Nothing on earth is worth the loss of Heaven, girl; our finite existence is over in the blink-of-an-eye. Jesus/our Mother are the only free antivirus, while I’m only the few prophets in a world that’s whorizontal --- However, death’s cool if you’re on the RITE side: we'll have a HUGE, kick-ass, party-hardy for eons and eons fulla anything and everything and more. Meet me in Heaven, gorgeous girl, where I shall serve you for the length and breadth of eternity.

y8 said...

Thanks for such an informative article, it's been very useful.