Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'll Wear Your Clothes to Sleep, Baby.

A few nights ago I left my black silk cardigan at Mark's place after I stopped by for one more drink before I headed home. I went by last night to retrieve it, and also to say hi to Mark because he's a nice guy and for some reason seems to like me a lot for the same reason other guys tend to like me a lot (Apparently the combination of sexy and geeky is a good dating strategy).

His neighbour was there when I turned up. They're both arty, stoner types, so I felt quite at home. They immediately launched into a discussion of ancient Mayan temples, of which believe me, I have no clue. Only that they predict the world would end in 2012, if I remember my movie advertising correctly.

All the time I was there initially, I was looking for my cardigan. I could have just asked, but the guys were really into whatever they were talking about that I couldn't be bothered. Plus, I was also trying to see if I could find it myself in the mess. I finally saw it poking out from under the sheets on the chaise lounge. I thought to myself, "That's weird, if it's there, and it's got all this other random sheets and things piled on it where did he sleep then?" Then it occurred to me that maybe he'd slept on the cardigan. He did admit that he liked the smell of my fabric softener. Only I hadn't washed that cardigan for months. God knows.

His neighbour left and then he made the admission that he'd slept on the cardigan. I told him I guessed it. Then he told me he'd let two other people smell it. I was really surprised. It's kinda flattering, in a really weird, wtf way. But hey, I'm one to say. I've did steal this t-shirt from this guy once; we were at a small party and he was kinda cute and (I had a suspicion) gay, and really fucking funny, and it was a little chilly at the party so I borrowed his shirt and basically never returned it. And when I had the shirt, every time I worse it, I'd think about him. It smelled good too. I used to have this whole vast collection of shirts I'd taken from men I'd had something for. They're all at the parentals now. My sister wears them to sleep too. So what Mark did was a bit weird, but I get it. You know. :P

2 comments:

Phred said...

Not so odd really.

Meanwhile in Japan:
http://members.arstechnica.com/x/treatment/panty-vending-machine.jpg

Those new? No no.. they are USED women's panties. The market for those in Japan is insane.

"Hi what do you do for a living?"

"Hi yes... I pay women to wear these panties for a day and then I sell them at 4x the cost. Like my Ferrari?"

East Coast, USA said...

Haha, oh yeah, I know! I have sooo many tshirts from guys that I liked, slept with, spent the night with, loved... ah... haha, but it's still weird to hear a guy admit that.

Hey, I guess we're ALL animals!

:-)