Monday, April 26, 2010

Fucking nerds.

One of the more peculiar meet-ups so far was with Devlyn, from this forum I used to frequent when I was 15 and obsessed with The Wheel of Time. In case you're wondering, I stopped at Winter's Heart. He found me on okCupid after I had left the forum 6 years ago.

I think since the turn of the century, nerds have become better and better looking. Most of the ones I know are cute, although something can still be said for their social skills, sometimes. But I don't have a problem with that, in fact I find it kind of cute. Most-times.

I thought Devlyn was pretty (nice curly hair, big eyes :-O) and fit. He's also working on a pHD on the simulation of the present universe, within a large margin of error. Maybe I find topics I understand nothing about fascinating because it's so far out there for me I can't really tell what's theory based on sanity and what's fiction made to look like fact. Does that make sense?

It was funny to meet him. It was a lot of laughs (I think I'm funnier with people I don't know that well because I actually make an effort to say more bullshit than usual) but it was also funny because that forum (called fantasy-freak of all things...) was where I spent most of my free time during that part of my life, so I reckon it had some effect on the growing up process. I was really involved in it, everyone in it was. It was one of those forums people met other people on and got into relationships with. Some even got married.

I actually quite liked talking about all these people I hadn't met (that Devlyn had) but felt like I knew. I remember quite a few of them. Like the guy that was perpetually stoned who was probably never laid (he must have gotten laid by now...) and other assorted weirdos.

Then there was the fantasy-freak journal. Oh my god. It was my idea. There were a few artsy/crafty people on the site right, and this was a decade ago when the world wasn't as 'small' as it is now (it definitely seemed a lot bigger to me especially since I was fucking 15 years old). So I had this idea to send 'round this journal to everyone on the forum, and everyone could put something in it. Just for fun, so we would feel somehow more connected. Whatever. I thought it was a sweet idea.

At some point, it got lost in Holland. Ugh. The Dutch. So organized, yet so not. It went all around from Singapore, to Down Under to god knows where, and it got stuck in Holland with the forum admins. I asked D about it and he said it was still with the couple that used to run the site. I guess I'll meet them someday soon.

Ah, small world :o) No more LOTR extended version for me. I think my head's spinning after 12 hours in 2 days, including bonus CDs and all. -_-"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tenga the new adult concept for men with free delivery

http://www.gamesiteuk.x10hosting.com/tengauk

Unknown said...

Hey on facebook I asked you about that jurnal a few weeks ago.

Steve said...

I can't understand that what does it mean by the fucking nerds. Can some one here explain it to me that what does it mean by fucking nerds?

Phone Sex said...

I show my tempting naked body outside and spreading my tight pussy for my and your pleasure!