Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lounging About.

When the weather's pleasant, I feel glad that it's spring instead of an eternal summer. The synthetic haze of purgatory has lifted, and I'm starting to feel comfortable in my new environment. It's kind of funny to live with a lover again, haven't done that in ages; Dan's been on leave the last 10 days, so we've managed to accomplish nothing much except watch episode after episode of Black Books and Firefly. I guess I can blame it on the awful weather the last weeks; didn't really make you feel like you wanted to go out an do much of anything.

Plus it was also much easier to just hang out with a cute guy that sorted everything out and tell myself it was orientation week. :P It's been ages since I lived with someone I was sleeping with, and I must say it's not a bad idea if you've just decided to move to another continent to go and stay with some guy you met on the internet. I think the first week would have been a lot harder emotionally if I hadn't. That he's cute and well-adjusted and an all round sweetheart is of course a big part of it. I think I'm quite lucky when it comes to not getting stranded with assholes (I wouldn't let it happen anyway, see right through 'em)


I've got a couple more weeks at Dan's place before his parents come and stay for a month or so. I guess I'm going to plan May hanging around in Bologna with the Fixer, working on my novel, which I really want to finish. It's all schizophrenic at the moment, but I guess the main thing now is to get the story out and the style pinned down.

Things have been pretty calm, some might say boring. It's just me and Dan watching DVDs, drinking far too much and having very civilized breakfasts, interspersed with random bouts of sex when I basically use him for my personal gratification... But they'll pick up next week when I start going to the art collective (which I have a suspicion might be a squat that the boys have just taken over and turned into a workshop) and meeting more people. Need to find trade shows and fairs and workshops and shit. Need, need, need.

1 comment:

Admin said...

http://readaebook.blogspot.com/2010/04/girls-women-and-education-in-20th.html