Monday, August 09, 2004

Vignettes on our 39th Birthday

I drop by Mr. Big’s in red and white, rang him at the elevator lobby ( I still refuse to take responsibility for his keys) and told him that the Ministry had sent him a package he absolutely had to do something about at once. It was the most confused of role-playing, but I was to be the package the management had sent to fulfill my national duty of raising the birthrate (since I cannot donate blood, I had to be made useful for something else). They were beta testing the system and had decided that it was time the foreign talent started giving something back in return for reasonable tax rates.

It was terribly silly I can tell you, and I dropped the act after I stepped through the front door. He didn’t seem to find the idea of me doing ‘national duty’ particularly arousing. Neither did I, but I thought it was funny. I’ve got such a horrid sense of humour sometimes.

***
Happy National Day



xoxox

No comments: