Tuesday, August 03, 2004

The World will Forever be a Horrid Place

Far from trying to curb Mr Hilal, senior army officers treat him with deference ... He says he is merely protecting Arabs from the rebels. He dismisses talk of atrocities committed by his men.

“Things happen in wars,” he says. “A bullet can miss its mark.” As to the charge that his men rape black women: “Why would we rape them? They disgust us.” He adds that African tribeswomen are barely Muslim and have such wanton sexual habits, as seen from the way they dance, that force would hardly be necessary.

More from The World Notices Dafur.

Africa does seem like a continent that is entirely hopeless, doesn't it. But I know it's just a big place and there are some parts that are better off, but think about the country, and the first thing that comes to mind is not gorgeous, glossy skinned, wanton black women (I find glossy ebony skin extremly attractive, in case you're wondering) dancing to Raggae, but starving, emancipated children with HIV. I cannot imagine what progress the world would make if places like that, somehow, one day, got pulled out of poverty and chaos and into the economic ranks of China.

The Boy tells me it's hopeless and I must give it 100 years. I'm more of an optimist though, and I'm aiming for 40.

xoxox

No comments: