Sunday, July 04, 2004

***
Apparently, SPGs are the only sluts in the world

I've gotten loads of retarded emails obviously sent without much thought; most of them are stupid, but here's finally one that I think is worth addressing, because it's been asked quite a number of times, and I've read criticisms that are rather similar in the past.

Just what do you SPGs aim to do with your life in the long run? Do you really think you'll find a man who cheerfully overlooks your impressive sexual history, and gives you the benefit of the doubt in thinking that you'll remain faithful to him? Do you just become old, washed-up SPGs?

First off, the phrase 'Do you really think you'll find a man who cheerfully overlooks your impressive sexual history' is horribly chauvanistic. Most men have impressive sexual histories, why should women tolerate that if they can't tolerate the same coming from their girl.

Secondly, married people don't remain faithful to each other all the time. Maybe some do, but I know too many married people who don't believe in that anymore. Most of the time, we're all just kidding ourselves. You marry someone not because you want to swear to remain faithful, you do so because you want to spend the rest of your life with him. Because you know no one can understand you better, no one can tolerate you better.

This in no way is an excuse for myself to be a slut when I'm married. I'm sure people will always be subjected to human transgressions of the flesh, but I believe it’s tampered down when they grow up, learn lessons and start understanding the need for responsibility in a marriage.

Allright, finally! Do you think SPGs are the only sort of girls with an impressive sexual history? Wake up and smell the 21st century. Everyone’s sleeping with everyone else. Sure there are some people who don’t see sex as a big deal, and some who do. Some who sleep with over a hundred people in their lives (Not something I can agree with) and some who only end up with a couple of partners at the end of the day.

Personally I think I’d fall within a reasonable range. Aside from the VERY occasional drunken bout where my girlfriend’s not around to take care of me and make sure I don’t do anything retarded, I like to stick to the same people all the time. If you think it’s fun to sleep around, your wrong. Some people are all right with it I suppose, but any normal human being would take a regular partner over constantly new ones. We are creatures of habit after all.

And as for the old washed up SPG thing.
I’d like to call bullshit on that.

Being an SPG is really just about having a preference for a certain set of looks, a particular sort of accent, a partiality towards the sort of lifestyle you can be provided with in exchange for your time.

Sure, some SPGs get old and washed up but so do many women around the world.

***

The race is not always to the swift,
Nor the battle to the strong,
Nor the satisfaction to the wise,
Nor riches to the intelligent,
Nor grace to the learned,
But time and chance happen to us all.

- Ecclesiastes 9:11
***


If you think we’re just silly sluts unable of keeping our panties on and perfectly incapable of inciting feelings of genuine affection from the people we date, maybe it’s time you tried to find out the truth for yourself.

Oh, and to prove a point…
(Nah, not really. More like just to show of what cute cousins I have)


He’s really Sino Germanic, but I don’t suppose you can tell. I think he’s lovely.

xoxox


No comments: