Monday, July 19, 2004

***

Pleasant not to be Broke for Once.

I stuck my debit card into the cash deposit today and discovered that I now have enough cash to visit the Boy, with a couple of hundred to spare. It’s not going to be anytime very soon though, but the thought that I can elevates me. I am currently resisting temptation to splurge a sizable percentage on one of those PDA/Palm/Camera phones. The rational that I’ve made do without one for so long and can make do without one for longer plays like a ruined tape recorder in my head.

***
The guy from the Mitre has been messaging me incessantly of late. The attention’s rather welcomed, especially when I’m whiling away humid afternoons shooting espressos while laughing at Juvenalian satire. But I can’t help getting unnerved at times. What’s with calling me sweetie and waxing saccharine nonsense about being there for me when I need company. And doing it to my girlfriend too? Like I said before, maybe it’s sincere, but there’s such a formulated recipe behind his response to anything I say that makes that hard to believe.

Tell me, does that prescription you work by always get you the girls? Little insecure things that they are, needy of constant reaffirmation.

Well, I’m terribly sorry, but at current the psychological state where my sexuality is concerned is incredibly fucked up, and I’m am making sure my panties stay on for the sake of my sanity.

***

I had dinner with my daddy last night, and he mentioned, almost as a passing remark (but I knew it wasn’t because of the mock bemused look he threw me over the roasted duck) that A Clockwork Orange was conveniently located on his bookshelf, and that I should take liberties with his collection of literature.

“You’re not as fucked as them, but the concept that runs the society in question is not altogether separate from Yours.”

I’ll figure out what it means when I get down to reading it.

xoxox

No comments: