Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Facing Up

People who suffer from addictions are not escapists, they are realists. The world sucks, lets face it. And they wake up, every morning, and see that it sucks, and go back to their addictions. The next person who tells me to face up to reality will get the finger, and a good chastising on why she’s incredibly stupid to believe that facing up to reality is of any use.

Face up to reality. What’s that supposed to imply? Look it in the eye and beat it up? Oh please. You might win, but you’ll come out really battered. A stronger person, perhaps, but a really scarred one.

I’d rather run my legs off.

I’d get a better figure too, for my efforts. And by the time I reach the end of the road and eventually have to face up to it, it’ll only be to say ‘so long, and thanks for all the fish’. That way I go to heaven with no broken bones or flesh or mind.

Oh, and by the by, running is so much less painless then fighting, and so much more of a pleasure too.

And if you’re still not convinced why evasion is the best way about it, you’re a looser. Because advocating facing up clearly shows a want for an imagination.

xoxox

No comments: