Tuesday, July 13, 2004

***
Random Late-night Reflection

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither" - Benjamin Franklin.

I like that phrase.

Won't it be nice to have freedom as the defining purpose in life, to have it as the alpha and omega of living? Safety requires too many constraints and far too many rules; Think I’ll stick with just enough so that I stay alive and well to enjoy the freedom, thank you so very much.

Well, I got that out of an article pertaining to human-rights. But contemplating about America’s converted doctrine pertaining to the subject post 9/11 and Iraq is really rather a little too trite for this time of the night.

I fell in love with the guy who runs the French based gallery in the mall today.

Will ask him these suggested 10 questions when I manage the guts to talk to him. *laughs* Which will, I suppose be a long time from now, or never. Possibly/partly because he speaks English in an accent I can barely understand.

But hell, it's so fucking sexy though!

xoxox

No comments: