Thursday, June 24, 2004

***
Almond Orange Chocolate Cake

Food Politics

Well, not really. But if you're really into good food -like everyone who has ever lived in Sg SHOULD be (why else live here? ... All right, the women; but these days I get the sense that it’s firstly the soccer, secondly the beer and chips, and finally the sex)- It might prove an interesting read.

Well, fine. It’s not that interesting. So I suffer from psychological weight problems and love to constantly read about food I can’t eat.

Anyway, I made a sort of flourless cake from almonds, oranges and chocolate today. Mr. Big loves almonds. And so do I. Marzipan stolen? *drool* I spend hours on end making them at Christmas.

He called me while I was enjoying a full-body Swedish massage (I realized I like getting my butt massaged the most) Texted him a couple of times thereafter, no reply. Perhaps he’s pissed with me. Guess I’ll have to try my damn best to save half the cake for him till he chills out. I made it for him anyway. And I doubt I can send it via air-mail to the boy.

It’s quite nice really.

You can buy the mix at your local cold-storage organic food section.

(Fine. So I’m too lazy to actually bake anything from scratch.)

No comments: