Tuesday, June 15, 2004

***
How Hot is This!

Masochistic Chinese sales women are the best.



This was taken at a pharmaceutical company in Shanghai. I don't remember the name of the company, but it's one of those huge state-owned manufacturing ones; China's answer to Johnson's and Johnson's, perhaps.

The whole situation was really weird.

The company had a park that I was told I should visit, so i did. And of course if they were going to let you into their park, they'd want to try and sell you something perfectly useless. So I couldn't refuse when they dragged us into this sales room and started gabbering away about their product.
Apparently it was some sort of cream to fix burns.
And you know what? The sales woman actually offered to demonstrate how effective it was by burning her hands!
I suppose she didn't want to , but she'd have to if the audience requested it.
So she (had to) asked the audience a couple of times if they'd really want to see her burn herself (a very bizarre thing to be asked by someone clearly not suicidal),and nearly everyone, being sane, humane people gave her the negative.

And I felt myself thinking, more out of annoyance then anything else, 'If you're going to do it, just do it already'. But I didn't think she really would. I mean, the audience would always tell her not to do it when she ask and she'd eventually not. So I figured, well, I'll just tell her to do it, because I didn't think she really would, and that would make everything look really silly, and Then! we can all just buy a token and leave.

Well apparently it was no joke.

She got this guy to come in with a huge coal oven -the sort my grandmother used to have in ancient China- and they started heating up the metal chain (Oh this is almost too kinky). It got pretty hot and they took it out and pulled it stright. Then the woman just stood there for a few seconds staring at the chain before she went up to it and stuck her hand on it.

She didn't just wince when it made contact with her skin, she jumped.

Oh my god, she's really hurt.
So it's not just some kinda magic show.

*shudder*

...Anyone for SM tonight?

eurgh.

No comments: