Sunday, June 20, 2004

***
Well. What can I Say?

My Grandmama just died.

I find it absolutely ironic that at a time when I can't move, or think, or do anything at all, I have to pack, and plan the books I'll need for the week long funeral. (Because I'll be having examinations right when I'm back.)

She was Catholic. The rest of my family's Catholic (For the record, I don't have a denomination). The funeral's going to be long. But it's pointless. There's no way my grandmama will need to be in purgatory, for she was such a damn fine woman.

***

Everything's queer.

The same CD still plays before my sister got The call.
The TV's still on and no one's bothering to turn it off.

My daddy is very sad and my parents are lying on their bed talking about weird things.
Like life, and what if my mom were to die instead, and what is grandma wearing up in heaven right now.

I'd be suicidal for my daddy if my mother were to die.
Yeah, I come from a perfect little family like that.
(It wasn't always perfect, but it is now.)

I finally understand the respite to be found in the Hallmark codolosence:
She's in a better place.

I really, truly understand it now.

No comments: