Wednesday, June 16, 2004

***


Mr. Big and I have been seeing each other for a grand total of *drum roll* 3 months. When I think about that, it's quite incredible, because for someone you've been seeing for three months, on a rather regular basis too, you'd expect to have already known the answers to a few questions like, what's the kinkiest thing you've done in bed, or how long was your longest relationship, or if you could have my kitty taste like anything you want it to, what would it be,
or how many women have you've slept with since you came to Singapore.

Well, the answer didn't surprise me. Sure he slept with a lot more women in one year in Sg then he did anywhere else in the world. And I find that so incredible. Incredible in the sense that the truth is so real.

Well, what's the truth? I don't pretend to know myself.
That local men are lame in the sack? That they're boring (they aren't all, really.) That ang mo men are more worldly, more interesting? Not necessarily.

Him:"It's just not a done thing anywhere else I've worked in. Women don't approach you like they do here.
You know, a couple of weeks ago, there was this lady that just came up to me in a club. She just walked up to me while I was looking for a booth..."

"Well, it's good for you isn't it, it's good for all the other guys too. Don't take it like I'm being scarcastic, I'm just curious, in a sort of psuedo-disgusted way. I think some of the women go through extreme lengths. Either they play all these weird, fucked up games. Or they cast the net. Well, I don't know, why do you think they do all of that?"

And secretly, I'm wondering what he thought of me. Perhaps I should ask that. But men are so cleaver these days, they know what women like to hear.

And hey, what did he tell me? Something about wanting to get out of the country.
I've never thought of that. It's always been in the back of my head as a possibility, but it's not something I'd do. For that, you'd have to *gasp* Settle down.

***

On getting out of the country.
The girlfriend's absolutely lost it. She's suggesting -well not suggesting, starting to Plan, rather- for a trip to Switzerland, where, apparently her boyfriend's just returned to.
And, I know it's crazy, I don't deny that I'm crazy (and everyone already knows that, including my mom. Who, in addition to knowing that I'm mildly psychotic now also knows I'm absolutely indecent -a neighbour had a little complaint about me sun-bathing topless by the condo pool- and psuedo-suicidal) , but I think I might just go too.
To visit Him* of course.
I was thinking, perhaps it would be a waste of money, to go down all the way for just a couple of weeks, instead of wait till next year, when he's coming to Shanghai to work, when it would be a lot cheaper for me to visit; and where I can actually have something to do. (I'm actually planning on an immersion programme wherein I might actually get my mother-tongue capabilities up to an acceptable standard -for a banana like me- once and for all. But like she says. It' not about how long you're going to be there, it's well, just seeing him.
True.

And it's just about doing something crazy like that. Planning for the absolutely unplanned. Doing something that'll you remember for a long time; Because when you're all crappy and married, and that 24 inch waistline's no longer there, and you have a retarded job and a couple of kids, and the only way you're going to get laid by someone else other then your husband is through ads in the local publication, a-la Jane Juska You'd really be glad you have at least that one great memory.

Not to mention that it's also absolutely romantic.

The idea of travelling around half the globe, alomst! spontaneously...
Better then a Chivas on the rocks, better then Panna Cotta smothered in chocolate. Better then Kissing Ani D and telling her how amazing she is, and maybe even better then World Peace and saving all the great pandas and things like that.

It's spunky, and fanciful, and it's everything about being young.

I have just convinced myself I'm going to do it.

xoxox
(You know something, Chivas is not a depressant.)

No comments: