Monday, June 28, 2004

I Should be on Kids TV

Ah, another weekend, and yet another reason to love white guys. I never recieved a better compliment for the way I look. Kid's television! Wow.

Well, seriously though, I don't know what to think.
If he meant that as a compliment (Along the lines of 'You're so hot') then I'm marginally confused. What? That I Look young? (But I AM young) Childish? Fresh-Faced? But if he meant it, for real, then I hope he genuinely believes in it. I'm not a sucker for fame (Do I hear someone calling bullshit across the street?); it's a nice thing to have when you want your very own gallery opening sponsored, or your own book deal, but otherwise it's something I grew out of years ago, particularly after I lost all desire to marry Marilyn Manson.(Once upon a time I wanted to fly all the way to Japan for his Anti-Christ concert and give his Bassist my own religious school-girl uniform.)

But back to being on children's television. I suppose it would be really nice if he actually got me to be his little assistant on one of his shows sometime. I've known his for quite awhile already, he was my break-in into the world of dating outside the locals. And I didn't even have to meet him at a club.
Infact, it was in a perfectly decent environement.
Art Class.
Knew he was kinda attracted to me and I thought, what the hell. No harm getting cosy with a guy who owns his own media company, so I staged my own exit from the building at about the time he would pass the entrance in his car.
Bingo, I got him to ask me if I wanted a lift.
Flirted with him a little while I worked on some kitschy set he hired me for. I was perfectly no good at doing the job, but it was an experience, and I supposed he liked having me around. I was nothing but a silly little kid then, and I still have No idea how I could talk about blow-up dolls and religions in relation to sex and not even suppose it'd bother him.
But I've always liked him, in a decent sort of way. Really!

Plus he got my sister on the tube; that means she's got something nice to put in her portfolio when she wants to model after her breasts have fully developed.

I called him. He's still all nice and humble and absolutely genuine in the way he critiques my art. Maybe I'll meet him sometime soon.

He'll be on Nickolodeon come December *grin*
I'm really, genuinely, happy for him. It's not easy making it as a cartoonist. I don't think it is.

But then again, it's not easy to Make It as anything.

And then again, nothing is ever easy.

xoxox

No comments: