Sunday, May 30, 2004

***
Another Sunday

Sundays awlays feel so ritualistic.
Go to church, buy groceries -nearly the same thing everyweek- have lunch (Tomyam/Sashimi/Kebab or Congee, but never pasta. My mom hates pasta)Overload my dad's credit card on clothes/software/books.
And every Sunday the phrase 'oh my god, wasn't I just doing this last week. And the week before and...' (You get the idea) continually pops up in front of me.
Sundays always give me a sense of opportunity, like hey, it's the first day of the week and all. I make resolutions on a weekly basis, and usually break them by the closure of Monday. Mondays are just evil. Always wished I could just bypass them and get on to the Tuesdays already.

The pastor had abit of things to say to charismaniacal belief. In my context, it's the sort of behaviour that compells weird kids to tell me to shape up or I'll burn in hell forever (I used to tell them I'd just probbaly get junked in a room with hot biker chicks bringing down the house to Cradle of Filth's filth). Well, his theory/belief was that these people felt condemned themselves, because they constantly thought about sin and retribution and therefore had to condemn other people, i.e. harmless little girls like me. Well whatever. I'm not here to give a sermon, and I'm not in any position to either.
Hypocite; sacrilegious, immoral, iconoclastic whatever.
I think I believe in a God because she's better then anything else there is to believe in.
You know. Everything else is so transiet. Causes are transient, fame is the ultimate fugitive, money never ceases to change hands... you get the idea.

I'm not very good at expressing how I feel about faith and all.
Think I'll not bug anymore people.
Religion never ceases to make people uncomfortable. It always makes me uncomfortable too. It's allright for me to write about it like that, because I'm not going to be obliged to respond, but in a real life situation, I usually try my best to avoid it.

I've got all these undeveloped abstract ideas i've yet to sort out...
***

I sourced out some travel material on Vietnam.
I really want to go.


No comments: