Sunday, May 16, 2004

***
Troy

Oh. I finially got to watch it today, it was amazing. It's in the league of movies that I'll remember for a long time yet. It wasn't so much about Helen and Paris as it was about Archilles and Hector; about the ideals of romance, of damnation, of honour. Well, sure it's a commercial movie, so all the concepts are well, watered down and easy to grasp. But I think that's how philosphical ideas should be; easily accessible to everyone.

It's because we're doomed, that's why our lives are so beautiful.

We appreciate something so much more because we know they're going to end in awhile.
But everyone knows that.

***

It was late afternoon when Mr. Grant and I were lazing around in bed- well I was lazing, he was being highly-strung over a bunch of appointments, kept on going over them in his head- and I asked him if the people standing on the road just outside his apartment could see his dick through the window when he gets out of the shower.

Apparently they can't, but you can see enough for it to be indecent to be walking around naked in the apartment.

So anyway, there was this little boy by the street who was playing some, I don't know, Badminton or something like that, and he saw him sorta naked. So later when he went down, the little boy looked at his dad and said, "dad, I saw that guy's penis" Oh my god. Anyway, that was embarassing. Then the dad had to ask his son, "did he show it to you?" eek. They're his direct neighbours, so I suppose things are going to be really weird now.
The best thing is, that wasn't the first encounter with the guy.
There was one particular morning I was leaving his place with my hair bunched up into two ponytails when we saw the dad staring at us through the kitchen window.
Heh. HumbertHumbert.
I think I'm the one with the whole uniform, lolita, AV jap fetish.

No comments: